hifinutt

audionote thread

7 hours ago, Tony_J said:

Hi Gary

If you haven't yet read your message from George 47, please do so.

Hi,

I read his message.

He isn't very clear, he seems to be asking for me to pay so I can comment here. I'm waiting for him to come back to me. 

G

It seems very clear to me Gary and to all the mods.

Basically, the stated policy of the forum is that dealers are not permitted to promote their products outside of 'for sale' threads, or without paying dealer rates to advertise here. Specifically, we do not allow random promotion when replying to other posts, as there is quite obviously the possibility of bias. When anyone posts a question about a product in the general sections of the forum, they rightly expect replies based on experience, not on commercial interests.

We appreciate that you are posting as an individual and offering some advice based on experience. However, when you add comments such as "We (Audio-philia) offer a trade in deal to our UK customers. If you buy a piece of equipment from us and trade up within a year we give you what you paid (less the VAT mans cut) off the upgraded item" it is evident that this is not offering unbiased advice. It is a blatant promotion and is specifically not allowed under the (very few) rules we have.

It's really simple. We appreciate, as do members, impartial advice based on experience. We also appreciate information provided on the basis of being in the trade. We do not, however, allow 'free' promotion of commercial activity, as this is obviously blatantly unfair to those dealers who pay dealer rates here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, rabski said:

It seems very clear to me Gary and to all the mods.

Basically, the stated policy of the forum is that dealers are not permitted to promote their products outside of 'for sale' threads, or without paying dealer rates to advertise here. Specifically, we do not allow random promotion when replying to other posts, as there is quite obviously the possibility of bias. When anyone posts a question about a product in the general sections of the forum, they rightly expect replies based on experience, not on commercial interests.

We appreciate that you are posting as an individual and offering some advice based on experience. However, when you add comments such as "We (Audio-philia) offer a trade in deal to our UK customers. If you buy a piece of equipment from us and trade up within a year we give you what you paid (less the VAT mans cut) off the upgraded item" it is evident that this is not offering unbiased advice. It is a blatant promotion and is specifically not allowed under the (very few) rules we have.

It's really simple. We appreciate, as do members, impartial advice based on experience. We also appreciate information provided on the basis of being in the trade. We do not, however, allow 'free' promotion of commercial activity, as this is obviously blatantly unfair to those dealers who pay dealer rates here.

Fair enough, I'll not mention the trade in scheme again. Apologies to the Mods. 

G

9 hours ago, Gary FineTune said:

Fair enough, I'll not mention the trade in scheme again. Apologies to the Mods. 

G

As long as you are clear...it isn't just mention of the trade-in scheme that is the problem here - Rabski's words were "...such as...". I read back through your recent posts and, while they contain useful information, the majority of them read as sales pitches for your company and products. All well and good in the trade sections, having paid up your trade subs, but not appropriate elsewhere.

Posted (edited)

The Steve Hoffman Forum is far worse. The US AN Dealer Warren Jarrett without any objections uses the Audio Note thread to promote his business. The days when hifi forums were for open discussion amongst owners seem to be long gone!

Edited by Rob 400
Spelling
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Tony_J said:

As long as you are clear...it isn't just mention of the trade-in scheme that is the problem here - Rabski's words were "...such as...". I read back through your recent posts and, while they contain useful information, the majority of them read as sales pitches for your company and products. All well and good in the trade sections, having paid up your trade subs, but not appropriate elsewhere.

OK, I understand. I'm not too post here. 

I'm am an employee of a dealer, posting on my breaks, in my own time that owns some Audio Note gear. My posts are based on my experience, although I now understand the wam views this as shilling, I see it as sharing experience. 

I think it's sad that experience needs to be hidden behind a paywall, but if that's the wam way I guess I'll have to live with it.

The readers seemed to understand it was a dealer engaging with them and were happy of the engagement, but if my comments have offended any of them or have been viewed as sales pitches that wasn't my intention. 

Sorry to the paying dealers I've offended and any readers that feel I've misled them by not being explicit that I do sell hi fi equipment for a living, but post in my free time. Just one man's opinion, albeit one with access to the a source. 

Best

G

4 minutes ago, Gary FineTune said:

I'm am an employee of a dealer, posting on my breaks, in my own time that owns some Audio Note gear. My posts are based on my experience, although I now understand the wam views this as shilling, I see it as sharing experience. 

I think it's sad that experience needs to be hidden behind a paywall, but if that's the wam way I guess I'll have to live with it.

The readers seemed to understand it was a dealer engaging with them and were happy of the engagement, but if my comments have offended any of them or have been viewed as sales pitches that wasn't my intention. 

Sorry to the paying dealers I've offended and any readers that feel I've misled them by not being explicit that I do sell hi fi equipment for a living, but post in my free time. Just one man's opinion, albeit one with access to the a source. 

Best

G

Nobody has told you not to post here. Nobody has suggested that your opinions are not welcome and nobody has stated that straightforward replies to direct questions are unwelcome.

Sorry, but if you cannot see the difference between the above and what is evidently blatant advertising, then we can't help it.

If someone posts saying 'how much is A' and you reply 'it is £500', there's no problem. If someone posts saying 'how much is A' and you reply 'it is £500, but we have a special offer on our website for B', then that is not stating an unbiased personal opinion, it is evidently pushing a commercial interest.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Gary FineTune said:

Best

G

Gary 

speaking for myself i have much appreciated your inputs and yes i realised you are employed by an Audio Note dealer but your advice and experience are valuable inputs and in my view they were not overt sales pitches. Indeed you gave a fair and balanced comparison of the Bel Canto CD2 with Audio Note alternatives which was the information i was looking for. 

• Like 1

Super Wammer

I see both sides of this current issue . I do see the difference being indicated by the Mods and I do feel it is fair in its drawing the attention of the poster as to what is and is not acceptable. I can also see that and undersytand that Gary is enthused and in loive with his Audio Note equipment for which there is and should be no issue.

I would encourage Gary to continue to quote and join in any of the threads on this site when he feels moved to do so , all you have to consider is to answer with opinions and facts as you see them and avoid mention of anything concerning your commercial life .

• Like 3

Members here who are 'in the trade' stating an opinion or facts in posts is absolutely fine and encouraged. All the registered dealers here do so and are welcome to. Adding links to things you have for sale that don't even address the topic is absolutely not OK, nor is changing the subject to mention something you sell or promote.

It's really not in the least bit complicated.

I see both sides of this current issue . I do see the difference being indicated by the Mods and I do feel it is fair in its drawing the attention of the poster as to what is and is not acceptable. I can also see that and undersytand that Gary is enthused and in loive with his Audio Note equipment for which there is and should be no issue.
I would encourage Gary to continue to quote and join in any of the threads on this site when he feels moved to do so , all you have to consider is to answer with opinions and facts as you see them and avoid mention of anything concerning your commercial life .

+1

I’d like to add that Gary crossing some of the forum rules I don’t think was intended or intentional. I and a few others really enjoyed his educated input and engagement, and to be fair, he was never coy about working for a dealer either.

So no harm done hopefully and I’m sure now that he is better informed it won’t be an issue going forward and we can continue the enlightening discussions

Best,
Chivas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3