hifinutt

audionote thread

just recently got my first bit of audio note kit . very humble pre , an audionote note M-one

very nicely made , solid feel . ordinary RCA plugs . nice volume knob, very smooth and a remote . all for a ridiculous price of £395 s/h! I belive it has one valve

using a massive PS audio lead into a conditioner it supplies my msb S200 with a rather delicious sound

guitar and harp really have very nice snap and decay, vocals are very full natural and the whole thing sounds very full bloodied . listened to a lot of cds and spotify premium and its vey enjoyable . sound stage is wide , bass slightly woolly at times but very full . highly recommended to anyone on a budget

P1040050_zpsd465fc0a.jpg

P1040051_zps765cd056.jpg

P1040049_zpsa69b263f.jpg

Over the weekend took delivery of my second piece of Audio Note kit - a pair of AN/J LX HE speakers - need running in, but sounding brilliant.

14253743481_4b00c7a64c_c.jpg8H0B1933a by uh_simon, on Flickr

Here is the DAC as well:

13009801875_9080459588_c.jpg8H0B1586 by uh_simon, on Flickr

^Great looking AN-J:s! I also have a pair and been very happy with them. Here's my latest AN purchase:

<a  href=https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5586/14134346229_3241d0be9d_o.jpg' alt='14134346229_3241d0be9d_o.jpg'>

Great that is all we need an AN arm on a Gyrodec.:love:- Reckon she sounds pretty darn good.

She sounds great! I also use Gert Pedersens armboard upgrade which gave more stability to the sound. It's a pretty fast combination with Ortofon Blue cartridge :)

<a  href=https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5579/14326567701_d6f40be89f_c.jpg' alt='14326567701_d6f40be89f_c.jpg'>

I'm a long time AN fan. Currently there's an Io2/AN arm 3 and some AN-E SpX-SE in the system and staying, and a pair of 300b PSE monos loafing around :^

^Nice :^ I got into AN about 4 years ago and there's no turning back. Old gear started to sound too "hifi" and effected the music I was listening to. Now I can throw anything at them and it sounds great. Though I need to get more space for the new records...

Might be the screen on my phone but a Paeony red Io is a thing to behold. Nice :)

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

mmm, that m3 looks nice . listening to debussys arabesque last night , the harp just sounded so real and present . and that's just a lowly m-one . they sure do make some nice stuff

mmm, that m3 looks nice . listening to debussys arabesque last night , the harp just sounded so real and present . and that's just a lowly m-one . they sure do make some nice stuff

The M2 is very nice too Phil and comes up periodically at sensible money.

That M3 looks lovely, I'm waiting for my dealer to get his OTO Signature in, then I can demo that with his OTO SE and make some decisions about an amp to drive my AN/Js

There is a big difference between the M2 and the M3 as reflected by the price.

The M3 is the bottom end of the series that stretches up to the M8 with differences in transformers, components, and valves along the way, but the circuit and phonostage (if fitted)is basically the same. From my understanding the M5 is probably the sweet spot in terms of performance v price.

More info here

Admin

Roughly what would you pay for a M2 and M3 used in the UK?

Guest BD Audio

My personal cartridge, I purchased this one-off copper bodied IO-Gold and had it completely rebuilt as new. I truly adore it. :love:

13900620834_342302f303_c.jpgIO-G by Jack Durant, on Flickr