Chris@Panteg

Voyd owners club

Thought I'd start one ,though I'm now an ex owner but what the heck , here's my old .5 for starters .

Now owned by a nice and friendly guy from just outside New york.

DSCF0212.jpg

And my mate's Voyd with split phase psu ,ref bearing and lexan platter , serviced and rewired Orion and rebuilt IO . He's not one for dusting .

DSC00255.jpg

Ooooh, an owners club. Count me in.

Here's my 1988 Voyd with kondo wired SME IV. Sadly the transfiguration axia had an accident so Van Den Hul MC One special is currently in situ and making some very nice noises. Tried 2 belts but back to one.

DSC_0590.jpg

As a matter of interest, does anyone know what hinges were used on those? I've seen some with Linn type hinges but others with the narrower ones like yours.

Reason for the question is that the lid on my Valdi was broken when I got it and I'm getting a new one made but will need new hinges.

Thanks

Alan

As a matter of interest, does anyone know what hinges were used on those? I've seen some with Linn type hinges but others with the narrower ones like yours.

Reason for the question is that the lid on my Valdi was broken when I got it and I'm getting a new one made but will need new hinges.

Thanks

Alan

Mine was sold without the hinges so I transferred the hinges from my old Pink Triangle LPT and they work fine.

Ooooh, an owners club. Count me in.

Here's my 1988 Voyd with kondo wired SME IV. Sadly the transfiguration axia had an accident so Van Den Hul MC One special is currently in situ and making some very nice noises. Tried 2 belts but back to one.

DSC_0590.jpg

Here's another pic - with MC One Special on board

2014-05-20%2014.03.58.jpg?_subject_uid=286659821&w=AAAdfJjeT7yqLl2w7vwU-zp2x3RVC-DtPsXOAVcU339IDQ

My Ref (actually an AN built deck)

Wearing an AN-1s

IMG_7431_full.jpg~original

With Alphason HR-100s

IMG_0998_800.jpg~original

And AN Arm-3

IMG_2270_800.jpg~original

That is a beautiful deck - the reference really had a lovely look.:love:

:love::love:

1400 miles in 37 hours

too much traffic

too much tarmac

too many caffeine based energy drinks

too many cars on Brussel Ring

too many miles on cruise control

too many last minute overtakes

not enough miles on Autobahn

was it worth it?

Voyd%20Ref.jpg

Voyd%20Ref%20psu.jpg

I am thinking that it may well have been :^

btw the Audio Note AN1-S tonearm is wired for and IO Ltd with 6 wires - so if anybody wants to lend me one? :D

Ooh! Nice one Simon. Looks like a very similar finish to mine. Rosewood?

Cheers Pete

Doesn't look as dark as yours does on your photos, so possibly reddish English oak rather than rosewood, not sure. Certainly not the burgundy colour of my "mahogany" 0.5, so no longer matches my speakers, but I guess I will get over that........

need some time to set it all up now!

• Upvote 1

Does look a little lighter than mine, though mine is lighter than the photos show in reality.

can you posts a photo from underneath? I assume yours has the über-enormous motors - the AN built decks like mine seem to have a slightly smaller type (though still enormous).

IMG_7433_800.jpg