The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

sunbeamgls

Mission Accomplished

Super Wammer

I'm using several around my place at the moment:

773e in the second system (dining room) with SBT, V-DAC 1, V-PSUII and Cyrus 6

773e in the garage system with SBT, NAD1240 and NAD2155

771e in kitchen system with a Denon micro thingy

771e in daughter's system with iPod and some Yamaha receiver or other

700LE in son's system with iPod, Pure i20 and CA 650

700 (original model) in my retro first system recreation in the loft with the Scalextric system system with Thorens TT, NAD 3020 and Technics RS-M8

780 in guest room system with a NAD 3120 and an ipod connection cable

752F for pick up tomorrow. But have run out of rooms :-)

And some Wammers accuse me of being a Linn fanboi....

• Like 1

I'm using several around my place at the moment:

773e in the second system (dining room) with SBT, V-DAC 1, V-PSUII and Cyrus 6

773e in the garage system with SBT, NAD1240 and NAD2155

771e in kitchen system with a Denon micro thingy

771e in daughter's system with iPod and some Yamaha receiver or other

700LE in son's system with iPod, Pure i20 and CA 650

700 (original model) in my retro first system recreation in the loft with the Scalextric system system with Thorens TT, NAD 3020 and Technics RS-M8

780 in guest room system with a NAD 3120 and an ipod connection cable

752F for pick up tomorrow. But have run out of rooms :-)

And some Wammers accuse me of being a Linn fanboi....

So when are you going to start collecting the good ones?:roll:

• Haha 1

Super Wammer

Give me a list bandit. Might've been there already :-)

Original 700 were excellent in their time and the only ones purchased new.

The 773e is way better than you might think (they surprised a good number of visitors to Scalford).

The rest were just exceptional secondhand value for money for the sound they make.

How about;

Original 770, 751 (original version), 780 (original stand mount version). These are the Mission speakers I like.

:oj:Hurrah, Hurrah!! I've impressed Bobski at last. :)

I have a beautiful pair of original (as in Mk.1) 770s in black, on handmade oak stands in use most days. World-beaters in their day (about 1977 or so) and can still boogie along when they need to.

I've one of these beasts ... a PCM4000.

MISSION%20PCM4000%20CD%20Player.preview.jpg

I have to admit that I bought it solely for its gorgeous looking display! They don't make 'em like that any more, sadly. :D - the transport creaks and groans, but I don't care, who wants to actually use it? :P

I still have a pair of 70s in Hull at my parents place. For a little speaker, which may be coloroured, but boy, do they boogie!

I've had at various times, 770 mk2, 70 and PCM7000 all bought New. The CD Player Was a Bargain at an End of line Sale in Laskeys.

All were Superb, but I didn't Like the 737 Freedom a Friend bought secondhand

Ha! I bought 737f's from a Laskeys closing down sale!

To this day I still don't know why I bought them - sounded crap in store (next to a pair of monster Kef 107's...) and no better when I got them home.

By the time I decided to return and exchange the building had turned into a fecking travel agent :(

However, I do know why I bought 753f's - they looked funky and went loud lol - a pair of Meridian A500 (passive) where far, far better.

As a 21 year old in the first week of 'real' full time employment (rare in Thatchers 80's in the North East...) I was turned down for finance for a pair of Argonauts at a Boro electronics closing down sale - some would say a lucky escape as they were around two months wages but I was gutted at the time.

Mission kit used over the years........

770's the original one's

717's

753's

782's

774 pick up arm

773 cartridge

Give me a list..

How about:

770 Freedom

780 Argonaut (the proper 780, not the piddly little bookshelf thing)

And of course, the 767s. Since I first heard them in the 1980s these have been one of the mainstays of the upper end of my "all time favourite loudspeaker" top 10. Never found a pair to buy, though...:(

I used to have a pair of floor standing Mission 733i, I quite liked them, something odd about the bass though, weighed alot when filled with sand!

The little M30i were fun too.

How about:

770 Freedom

And of course, the 767s. Since I first heard them in the 1980s these have been one of the mainstays of the upper end of my "all time favourite loudspeaker" top 10. Never found a pair to buy, though...:(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221444926191?clk_rvr_id=702069508674

Super Wammer
How about:

770 Freedom

Have done all of those just for fun when they were selling for sub £50. Didn't like the Argonauts (I had the version with the tweeter-bass-bass arrangement rather than the bass-tweeter-bass version) and didn't like them at all. Sounded surprisingly lightweight. The 770 Freedom (or Mk 5 as they are sometimes known) was the best of the 770 range, and I've tried them all. Bit of an acquired taste in the light grey finish though... 707 was OK, bit more refined than the 700, but not as much fun to listen to - a bit restrained.

Never had the chance to try the 767, they've always sold for more than I was willing to shell out for at the time on ebay. Maybe a pair will turn up for the right price one day.