The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

I do know what you mean - we are not supposed to discuss other forums, but I will just say that I could not believe some of the stuff I read on the Linn forum. I think I was lucky to escape alive!

:)

They do defend their territory, but in their defense it is a Linn forum! Going there and pimping the latest after market sub chassis or top plate will come with a set of risks and you need to be thick skinned to be able to get your messge across without getting upset by it all.

I've always wanted an LP12, I like the look of them.

Super Wammer
They do defend their territory, but in their defense it is a Linn forum! Going there and pimping the latest after market sub chassis or top plate will come with a set of risks and you need to be thick skinned to be able to get your messge across without getting upset by it all.

this is as you would expect, but there are a fair number of modders on there too and an equal number of members who give those folks a fair hearing.

Proper oldish LP12 suitably installed-maintained FME still best spinner-source of proper ANALOGUE black vinyl.

Some of old Linn amps-speakers-cables-carts-arms similarly suitably-installed/maintained ditto.

YOUR properly-cleaned old analogue black vinyl/modern overpriced digital-coloured stuff - your life-enjoyment-choice ...

I got a ridiculous deal on the Linn Komponent 110 speakers a long time ago and thought for a long time that I had "poor relative" speakers. Having recently upgraded the amplification though, these speakers have really started to "sing" (sorry for the subjective term). A really musical set of speakers even though they were at the "cheaper end" of the Linn range. Wish I had upgraded the amplification earlier...

Had two lp 12 over the years, first one had the Ittok arm along with a Denon DL103,,this parted to finance another project, the second i brought along with a basic arm with a Glanz (remember them) cartridge, i then replaced the arm with the supurb Alphason HR100s titanium arm along with a high end Ortofon mc cart, the model i forget.

Enjoyed this enormously,until i had to sell it due to having a very bad acident working down a coal mine.

i some times wonder if i shall ever have another.

I have a full (fool?) old Linn system upstairs. It consists of a Mimik CD player, a Wakonda pre-amp, LK80 and LK140 power amps running bi-active Keilidhs. This was going to be my final system, until I had the misfortune to buy Quad ESL-57s... It doesn't get played very often, but when the family is out of the house, I give it a whirl. It sounds excellent, if very different from the Quad system downstairs - the Quad majors in mid-range, whereas the Linn system does much better rock-type bass. As I'm predominantly a classical listener, the Quad system is "better" in that regard. Occasionally, I think I might sell it, but on the other hand I do like it, and it does provide a different perspective on familiar music.

I also have an LP12 (downstairs) with Ekos/Klyde/Armageddon. I bought it second-hand from the Basel Linn dealer. It makes a nice noise, but its days are numbered as I'm getting out of vinyl just as soon as I've moved my favourite LPs to hard disc, probably by the end of this year. Anyone want one?

That's a good spec Tony problem being that the Geddon doesn't do 45. If I were you I'd keep it. Remember I mothballed my vinyl!!!!

That's a good spec Tony problem being that the Geddon doesn't do 45. If I were you I'd keep it. Remember I mothballed my vinyl!!!!

Don't need 45, ol' spud. In fact, I don't need vinyl, and I intend not merely mothballing the vinyl, but actually getting rid of the lot just as soon as I settle on a way of digitising all the favourite LPs that I don't have on CD (I've duplicated a lot already).

Fme (62.74 years) Linn made the greatest tt-arms-carts (with help of AT)-speakers (proper Kans or 80s-90s Isobariks).

With fine amps - could be first 1985 Linns, or Naims, or pokey-current under £300 integrated.

All suitably installed-maintained-replaced if one was daft enough to flog etc on ...

Have recently recorded-shared lots of otherwise-unavailable proper real analogue fantastic LP-EP-singles, and properly-installed LP12 full Linn sys is best - minus maybe the variants on overpriced arms-carts-amps-speakers ...

I had an LP12 back in the early 90's, bought it for £90 from Norman audio, off a newbie sales assistant, a trade in, it had an SME s2 arm and an ARp77 cartridge I think, it was great, really musical, but the staff at the shop pursuaded me to have a Roksan Tabriz arm on it and it never worked as well musically again, I lost interest some years later and regrettably traded it in for some other gear. I now have an Ariston RD11s and an Acos Lustre that I need to put together to try and recreate the magic

Where is Paul and his Kan's? Is he shy?

Only just seen the thread Bob.

My original Kans are bloody great - but they go on ebay tonight to help pay towards some new speakers. You can bid on them if you like.:nerves:

As a fact objectively-subjectively-scientifically, best earlyish pre-overpriced era Linn TT-arms-carts-styli-amps int - pre or pre pre pre - power -wiry bits - best Kans or Isobariks - best ever for best analogue-sound replay. Therefore, best archiving to shared if not on sale digital ... (or to commercial ripoff companies).

Hard to believe that finest analogue audio hifi company Linn did first best (digital Remote Control) for their first pre-amp I mortgaged my first-of-many superann. pension-funds-towards 1985 ...