peter-ward

Nottingham Analogue

Have now ordered a Hyperspace with 12" Ace Space arm and will be using a Lyra Delos for the cart. I've a PrimaLuna Classic Integrated Amp but need to upgrade my phono stage. Have been looking at quite a range of options (trying to keep it in the £500 - £1000 range). Would love to know what others think and are using. So far I've been looking at the following: 

Graham Slee Reflex C

Tom Evans Microgroove

Trilogy 906

Vincent PHO 701

Clearaudio Basic +

Vertere Phono 1

On 18/06/2018 at 02:09, stevied said:

Just purchased a Dais with Ace Anna 12 inch tonearm well pleased.D16E47B8-ED8E-466E-82D9-1D9CA769DF8D.thumb.jpeg.fa9a4f9f65c276cc2336de24c5e1fbc2.jpeg

How are you finding the Dais and the Anna arm? It's a great looking deck and the people in NA are really nice as well. I am thinking of getting the same combo but there is no distribution in Oz so will be making a trip to them when I'm in the UK to discuss next month.

What cartridge are you using with the Anna?

I'm a long time NA fan and had the opportunity to talk to Tom Fletcher in the late 90s when I just started University. Really nice man and indulged the questions from a novice. Bought a Spacedeck and Space arm which my brother still has. I've also got an older Mentor which I bought when I was living in London.

Hi

awesome sounding turntable very happy running a Zyx Fuji at the moment but the Arm is a joy to use and I think most Cartridges will work well in the arm.

No need to look or think of another turntable when using  a Dais.

On 18/08/2018 at 02:29, vinyl_vibe said:

Have now ordered a Hyperspace with 12" Ace Space arm and will be using a Lyra Delos for the cart. I've a PrimaLuna Classic Integrated Amp but need to upgrade my phono stage. Have been looking at quite a range of options (trying to keep it in the £500 - £1000 range). Would love to know what others think and are using. So far I've been looking at the following: 

Graham Slee Reflex C

Tom Evans Microgroove

Trilogy 906

Vincent PHO 701

Clearaudio Basic +

Vertere Phono 1

Congratulations, what phonostage did you end up getting.

I was going to say that you may add a Whest 20 or 20.2 to your list. They have a refurbished and ex demo stock on their website at the moment which are within your budget.

I can't wait to hear both the Hyperspace and the Dais when I'm in the UK next month.

Did you order the usual colour for the Hyperspace? I noticed that they now do bespoke colours for their turntable but not seen any on the web, except a black and white Spacedeck.

23 hours ago, stevied said:

Hi

awesome sounding turntable very happy running a Zyx Fuji at the moment but the Arm is a joy to use and I think most Cartridges will work well in the arm.

Sounds awesome. I'll have the opportunity to hear it myself next month.

15 minutes ago, mtbguy68 said:

Congratulations, what phonostage did you end up getting.

I was going to say that you may add a Whest 20 or 20.2 to your list. They have a refurbished and ex demo stock on their website at the moment which are within your budget.

I can't wait to hear both the Hyperspace and the Dais when I'm in the UK next month.

Did you order the usual colour for the Hyperspace? I noticed that they now do bespoke colours for their turntable but not seen any on the web, except a black and white Spacedeck.

Thanks very much. I actually ended up ordering a whestTwo.2 There's been a slight hiccup with it in that I'm getting a little bit of hum from it. Ran through the normal tests to try to eliminate but couldn't so it's going back to Whest for inspection. I suspect it's something in my setup causing it as they've said this has never happened with one of their units and I've no reason to doubt them. I must say that even with the low hum, playback has been fantastic. 

I ended up going with the classic black for the Hyperspace but did order a bespoke one-off chassis. Normally the Hyperspace chassis has a flat portion at the front (where their badge would go) but I didn't want any branding on the unit and liked the idea of a perfectly round chassis. Thankfully Nottingham were able to oblige for a negligible cost though it did extend the build time by weeks. Still, all worth it in the end :) 

2 hours ago, vinyl_vibe said:

Thanks very much. I actually ended up ordering a whestTwo.2 There's been a slight hiccup with it in that I'm getting a little bit of hum from it. Ran through the normal tests to try to eliminate but couldn't so it's going back to Whest for inspection. I suspect it's something in my setup causing it as they've said this has never happened with one of their units and I've no reason to doubt them. I must say that even with the low hum, playback has been fantastic. 

I ended up going with the classic black for the Hyperspace but did order a bespoke one-off chassis. Normally the Hyperspace chassis has a flat portion at the front (where their badge would go) but I didn't want any branding on the unit and liked the idea of a perfectly round chassis. Thankfully Nottingham were able to oblige for a negligible cost though it did extend the build time by weeks. Still, all worth it in the end :) 

Sorry to hear about the hum from the Whest.  I got hum once when I was using the Terminator tonearm on my Mentor. I had to ground the Terminator to the SF Phono 1 phonostage and then ground it to the preamp.  I hope you solve it.

I've found NA to be very accommodating and very nice to deal with.  I am also looking to get a bespoke NA so will be speaking to them about it.

Post a pic of you Hyperspace, I'm many will appreciate it.

12 hours ago, mtbguy68 said:

I've found NA to be very accommodating and very nice to deal with.  I am also looking to get a bespoke NA so will be speaking to them about it.

Post a pic of you Hyperspace, I'm many will appreciate it.

Cool. What sort of bespoke work are you looking to have done? 

louis-wildest.jpg

17 hours ago, vinyl_vibe said:

That looks fantastic, gloss black base and chassis, it looks the business. I'm sure it sounds great.  I'll be able to listen to both the Hyperspace and the Dais on my visit.

I'm also looking to get a bespoke colour on mine deck, but not sure yet until I see the options and how they might look.

On 23/10/2018 at 23:07, stevied said:

Hi

I found that arm to be a stormer.

On 25/10/2018 at 13:14, vinyl_vibe said:

louis-wildest.jpg

How you finding it ?

I always fancy useing a spacearm as a second tonearm on my Dais.

On 29/12/2018 at 09:15, stevied said:

How you finding it ?

I always fancy useing a spacearm as a second tonearm on my Dais.

LOVING it! 

• Like 1

Just an update of my time with Nottingham Analogue Dais 

Still sounding superb, my vinyl has never sounded better, just a brilliant turntable I think my turntable journey has finally ended.

• Upvote 1

Has anyone here swapped out the factory NA tonearm cable for third-party? If so, any noticeable improvements? I know cable talk can be dicey but I'm curious. 

On 14/02/2019 at 14:45, vinyl_vibe said:

Has anyone here swapped out the factory NA tonearm cable for third-party? If so, any noticeable improvements? I know cable talk can be dicey but I'm curious. 

I'm using a Yannis Tome tonearm cable, which I swapped out with the Jelco OE cable. They are quite well regarded and reasonably priced so it might be worth a punt.