peter-ward

Nottingham Analogue

I can't believe there's no NAS thread in this list! So here's one for all of us who don't fit the mainstream, who go off in our own direction, and feel happy about it :).

As a starting point, here's my NAS Dais as modified by me using copious amounts of Panzerholz (tankwood). It has an Ace Space 12" arm and Benz Wood LP cartridge.

1620378_10151946535918471_761605165_n.jpg?oh=f333e33bd6ce014585b3fa8ce55b9dc8&oe=55859753&__gda__=1434741384_442294e9ff77afafb7edcbafe521f296

Looking forward to seeing others' decks. Anyone got a Deco or Annalog?

Peter

Mine, I'll put up a better photo when I find the time :oops:.

Picture003.jpg

My Spacedeck/heavy kit is languishing a bit right now as I await (impatiently) delivery of a second arm-base. Will post a pic when it's all together again.

Guest soulman

My spacedeck with spacearm is the best I've owned by a long way, looks great too (imho) and is buil to last with minimum faff (once i's setup)...

Hardly non-mainstream is it?

There are loads of NAS owners on this forum, probably more than own SME, Kuzma, Well Tempered and Clearaudio put together.

Pics as promised. I'm a crap photographer, so be kind please.

DSC_0002_zps260eb5e8.jpg

DSC_0003_zps15bd55ab.jpg

Just got the SME installed today.

• Like 1

Had the pleasure of meeting Tom Fletcher when I took a neglected Spacedeck to be rescued @ NA.

I asked him what he'd recommend as a TT support.

His answer was along the lines of it'll sound just as good on an old kitchen table.

Now onto a Hyperspace with an stereo & mono arm.

Just great simple engineering & materials.

Will post a pic when I get back from hols :D

Had the pleasure of meeting Tom Fletcher when I took a neglected Spacedeck to be rescued @ NA.

I asked him what he'd recommend as a TT support.

His answer was along the lines of it'll sound just as good on an old kitchen table.

The only reason I'm using the MDF slab provided is to keep the perspex cover from getting bumped and smacking the tonearms.

Now onto a Hyperspace with an stereo & mono arm.

Just great simple engineering & materials.

Will post a pic when I get back from hols :D

I'm thinking of moving up the range from the Spacedeck, but I'm not sure I can, or should.

Great pics of a great deck!

I would take issue with the comment about what NA decks are placed on, though. In my experience the support can make a big difference. I first moved it onto a hunk of slate (in the pic at the top) and my wife came into the room to say how much better it sounded. I've subsequently suspended it on Townshend Seismic Sink "pods" and it's improved again.

Because of the inherent simplicity of an NA deck, it's very easy to remove the key bits and put them into your own plinth. I can recommend Panzerholz but I'm sure good quality plywood would also be worthwhile.

Ime the heavy kit plus the wave mechanic put the ace spacedeck up several notches, absolutely love mine, and as has been said, v. important for me, is the complete lack of faffing around.

Ah, yes, "My wife came into the room and . . ."?

Insert as inappropriate.

"My wife came into the room and . . ."?

said

"My god, I just had to come downstairs to see what was going on. The ironing can wait. What have you done. I honestly thought that you had brought a live Jazz Band into my front lounge.

Unbelievable !!!!!, Talk about viels lifted. The sax feels like it is 10ft in front of me.... really. I could almost reach out and pluck the strings of the Double Bass. That soundstage is as wide as a bus. Unbelievable!!!

Whatever is different, I approve. I dont care how much it costs or even if the kids have to starve.........buy it. Unbelievable!!! I love you, honey bunch. What a guy"

Don't forget to clean out the old oil from the bearing every 6 months ish.

Bearing lube available from The very nice Penny @ NA.

And....my wife has just come in from the kitchen & exclaimed, "sarcasm is the lowest form of wit"

:P