nsherin

The Arcam Owners Club

hi guys

Since 14 years I am a Arcam owner.

2014 I exchanged an sony CD-P with an Arcam alpha 8se. This was an upgrade.

The Amplifier stays the same: ExposureXV-super. A realy nice combo!

A few days ago I replaced the 8se by an Arcam delta 170.3 CD-T.

The 170.3 is capable to work with the Audiolab MDAC clock look (optical in and out) . I think I hear a difference.

May the CD-T perform long his duties....

regards

F.S.

Arcam gear was always a bit out of my reach when I bought my first system in the early 90's. When I finally got there, I went for the CD73 and A80 combo that I thought would be a great system. I loved the A80's flexibility but alas not its sound and the CD73, as good a player as it was failed to power up after a lengthy sojourn in the garage, so that was sold on too.

Currently enjoying the original Solo Music feeding an Audiolab 8000P and am really pleased with it, even on its own it's a terrific unit, superb sound and also have the excellent drDock for iPod duties. Will probably pick up an Arcam Power Amp in the near future to keep that system 'synergy'. A simple system but really think the Solo could be all the gear most would ever need. Real shame they've decided to kill it off along with the Mini too and seem to be going the streaming only route, yet another nail in the coffin for CD reply I fear. Arcam only have 1 CD player in their catalogue now, only a few years ago this would have seemed unthinkable.

Audiolab has now given way to a Delta 290P, sound has improved immensely, has the warm Arcam signature with plenty of detail and more control than the Solo going it alone. This is quite possibly my audio nirvana, everything I could possibly want.

Everybody have a great Christmas.

Thanks - ditto to all - fine ol' A&R/newer Arcam etc often great for enjoying electronically sounds-moving pix etc ...

Had a few Arcam bits in the past; Alpha 2 (I think) amp, Alpha 6 & 8SE cdp's. Did drift away fom the brand as both cd players owned in short space developed faults and so plumped for different directions. Recently decided to flog my separates & try a minimalist setup and am now using a Solo Neo as my main system and am pretty happy with it :).

A&R - Arcam have contributed usefully to e.g. audio-visual enjoyment.

Recently decided to flog my separates & try a minimalist setup and am now using a Solo Neo as my main system and am pretty happy with it :).

Which Rogers speakers are you using?

As previously posted, we have a Solo Mini in the living room which gets plenty of use. Always liked its convenience, but never really been a fan of the sound presentation when used with pair of bookshelf speakers. Recently I decided to replace it (really an excuse to mess around with a second system of separates). As a starter, I got a pair of used AN E kit speakers (thanks Bourney :^). Got them home and plugged them into the Mini to check everything was OK, played around with the tone controls a bit, and ... well ... flip me, it was VERY listenable. So, the Mini has a stay of execution. If anyone has one and gets the chance to try it with larger, sensitive speakers, I think they'll be pleasantly surprised.

I'm using a pair of Studio 1's Peter; medium/large sized stand mounts. I do have a feeling that I might be able to squeeze a bit more fun out of the set up if I were to add a power amp with a bit more grunt, which would be easy to do as the Neo has pre-outs. I have been considering picking up a pair of Tannoys to try with the Neo as well, which would likely be more sensitive than the Rogers.

had great service from arcam and greatly enjoyed my c31 P1 and monoblocks , there are a couple in the classifieds and great value

I have just bought the new Arcam P49 amplifier absolutely the best sounding amplifier I have ever auditioned.including the over hyped Devialet D-Premier. Only complaint is the poor quality wobbly 2 pin power input socket, would be much better with a 3 pin input socket properly secured for stability and to accept heavy power cord.

I've always had a soft spoot for arcam, my first system was donated to me, an A60 integrated amp and some big castle speakers, which sounded great!

I now listen to music using a sonos connect into an irdac and an AVR350, this sounds great with my Tannoy precision 6.4s. I have been very happy with the AVr350 in stereo mode, one day I plan on introducing a power amp for the stereo duties but for now I'm happy.

My first setup was MA GS20 and three Arcam Delta's (integrated 290 as preamp and 2 x 290P in bi-amp mode), they sounded amazing:stereo:

15.JPG

16.JPG

Hope you don't mind me mentioning that I am advertising some lovely Arcam kit on the For Sale page, in case anybody is interested. All much loved and in great condition and only for sale because our newly purchased house came with Sonos built in, so to speak.

I bought the original Arcam Alpha Amp in 1985 ish....i owned it till recently then gave it to my son...who is still enjoying it...30 years old and never given a single problem, what a buy it was...£150 i think i paid for it....owes me nowt..in fact i probably owe it!

My son has an A60 and it still sounds great .

My daughter has an Alpha 6 and that sounds great .

Arcam have produced great kit at reasonable prices for years .