The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

nsherin

The Arcam Owners Club

I'm a bit off my beaten track here but I'm looking for bit of help from you Arcam clubbers.:nerves:

Would any one be interested in an alpha 6 CD player.

if not could anyone suggest a fair price? Figures in pence will probably be ignored ;-)

Cheers

I'm a bit off my beaten track here but I'm looking for bit of help from you Arcam clubbers.:nerves:

Would any one be interested in an alpha 6 CD player.

if not could anyone suggest a fair price? Figures in pence will probably be ignored ;-)

Cheers

Have a look on ebay for completed listings - that'll tell you the current market rate

Gintonic cheers! Will do.

Still liked my 2 A&R P77s - pre-Stilton/my Arcam original Alpha/my remaining never-played since 2000 black DV88.

And my favourite since 1983 FM tuner black-coloured T21.

Still got my A60 amp and T21 tuner upstairs in bubblewrap had then since 1980, the A60 had a run out last year but the T21 has not seen any use for over 15yrs.

fanthorpes_handwritten-small.jpg

The Arcam A49 Amplifier is available for demonstration in our Hull store

Built on a large, robust chassis the Arcam A49 Amplifier is a fully balanced affair offering the lowest distortion ever from an Arcam amplifier. No matter what the speakers, now matter how large the room the Arcam A49 Amplifier has a huge power reservoir capable of delivering a continuous 200 wpc into 8 ohms rising to 400 wpc into 4 ohms. It’s perfect for modern music too with an onboard PSU for Arcam’s rSeries of wired and wireless DACs.

th41405438314ArcamA49Amplifier.jpg

Contact us for more information about the Arcam A49 Amplifier on 01482 223096 or email shop@fanthorpes.co.uk

I have a Solo mini and rDac in the living room ... gets a lot of use and works brilliantly.

I have the wireless facility on the rDac, which is accessed via the supplied PC dongle. Recently, we got an iPad for the first time, and thought I'd get the dongle for that, only to discover it's not made anymore! Anyone know where I can get one? Anyone got one they'd be willing to sell?

Did you try eBay?

Thanks Robert ... had a couple of bad experiences there, but maybe will give it a go if there are no alternative sources.

Arcam gear was always a bit out of my reach when I bought my first system in the early 90's. When I finally got there, I went for the CD73 and A80 combo that I thought would be a great system. I loved the A80's flexibility but alas not its sound and the CD73, as good a player as it was failed to power up after a lengthy sojourn in the garage, so that was sold on too.

Currently enjoying the original Solo Music feeding an Audiolab 8000P and am really pleased with it, even on its own it's a terrific unit, superb sound and also have the excellent drDock for iPod duties. Will probably pick up an Arcam Power Amp in the near future to keep that system 'synergy'. A simple system but really think the Solo could be all the gear most would ever need. Real shame they've decided to kill it off along with the Mini too and seem to be going the streaming only route, yet another nail in the coffin for CD reply I fear. Arcam only have 1 CD player in their catalogue now, only a few years ago this would have seemed unthinkable.

Just visited the Arcam site. Last time there was a couple of months ago.

The A49 and the 49 pre and power have their pages now, and I noticed another new integrated the A39!!!:oj:

It uses the same Class G technology as the bulkier 49s but unlike its predecessor the A38, it omits the main-in sockets that allows it to be used as a power amp. So alas, it's won't be as versatile connection-wise if I replace my A38 with it. The unwieldy P49 power amp might have to be the entry point for me to try out Arcam's new Class G technology.:?

Unless a P39 comes out, which offers the A39's power section...:upgrade:

A visit to the Arcam dealer is imminent in Jan.

SS

Hi, I purchased my arcam a65+, cd73 and dv79 around 2005 ish I also have a Sony mds-jb980 mini disc deck which is used as a dac for my laptop.

My future plans would be to do away with optical media and use winamp on my laptop controlled by aware remote on my tablet.

I have a rLINK dac I use on my main pc in my office and have tried this vs the mini disc deck I however didn't notice any significant difference between the two! I have also burnt some hd tracks in dvda format and played them in my dv79 and noticed significant improvements.

My question is if I buy an irdac will it be a significant improvement over the the rLINK dac nearer to the dv79 sound?

I am also considering changing my aging speakers to. I have a pair of acoustic energy ageis ones I bought back in 2000. They have been very good to me but would like something with a bit more weight behind them, any suggestions that will pair well with my a65+

Affordability has always been key with Arcam. How many music lovers started their hi-fi journey with an A60 with their Thorens, Linn, Rega or whatever in the 80s. Of course they were a cottage industry in those days.

I did - I had one of the first A60s that had phonos for the turntable input - the rest were still 5 pin DIN...