nsherin

The Arcam Owners Club

As a few Wammers own Arcam gear, I reckon a thread is needed! :cool:

I'm using an FMJ A18 amp, rDAC and DV79 DVD player (obtained at a bargain price a few years back). Been very happy with my Arcam kit for the last 3 years - would happily buy more!

Post any kit lists, comments or further discussions here!

Hello, Neil. Cool thread![ATTACH=CONFIG]11042[/ATTACH]

Another happy Arcamie here.:) The rDAC and FMJ A28 were my entry points into Arcam ownership, and very good ambassador of solid state neutrality they are. I have since replaced my long-serving A28 :cs: with the A38, one of the finest ss integrateds I've heard on my audio demo'ing circuit.

I almost bought the D33 SuperDAC last month. It is superb, so highly resolved and full of tonal finesse, but alas, it came runner up to the Primare DAC30. I'm tempted to buy it later this year, although with new Arcam products coming out under its new American ownership, maybe it's best to wait to see if there is going to be a replacement for the D33, that offers increased performance.

Arcam, a great Brit icon.:^

SS

My first CDP was an Arcam Alpha - what a player that was. Then had a CD 93 and A85 amp. Still have a great T61 Tuner. As Sir Solid says a great brand.

Super Wammer

Arcam Alpha 10 DAB radio. Unboxed ave/good condition. Does this have any value? I already have FM3/Sansui/Myst tuners so very very surplus.

Arcam fan here too :) I bought a new A19 about a year ago and I am super happy with it. Running it with MA RX1s. Source is a Sonos connect. Need to buy a good dac next. Any suggestions? :)

Cheers

Good to see support for Arcam on here. I've only used 2 CD players in over 20 years and both from Arcam. The first was a Delta 70.3 bought in '92 and used regularly until usurped in 2011 by an FMJ CD37. I sold the 70.3 recently for 50 squids and reckon it owed me nothing after 20+ years, and I know it continues to work faultlessly for its new owner.

Their kit is well made and sounds good to me (the CD37 is a superb performer) but I always feel the name lacks that certain cache associated with more esoteric equipment. I sometimes detect an element of hifi snobbery in play and wonder if they're victims of their own success. Perhaps it would be better received if it was made by one bloke in a shed and, heaven forbid, one can/could buy it through high street retailers like John Lewis.

Still using an old Arcam Alpha 7se CD in the office system. I bought it new more years ago than I can remember and its never missed a beat

Affordability has always been key with Arcam. How many music lovers started their hi-fi journey with an A60 with their Thorens, Linn, Rega or whatever in the 80s. Of course they were a cottage industry in those days.

Yep, the rDAC is a good call to partner with the A19 - had mine about 3 and a bit years (gosh is it that long!) and still love it.

I'm actually going back to stereo - i.e. selling off the AV amp, centre and rears as I find music is the main use for the system, plus it reduces the box count. Having the A18 as the heart of the system is a good thing. Always fancied an Arcam tuner - bagged a T51 for £35 inc. postage off that well known auction site. Not a huge DAB fan, so my Denon TU-1800 will be sold soon. The Arcam has a slight scratch on the top front edge on the right but barley noticable when place in the rack. Matches the DV79/A18 too!

Yep, the rDAC is a good call to partner with the A19 - had mine about 3 and a bit years (gosh is it that long!) and still love it.

I'm actually going back to stereo - i.e. selling off the AV amp, centre and rears as I find music is the main use for the system, plus it reduces the box count. Having the A18 as the heart of the system is a good thing. Always fancied an Arcam tuner - bagged a T51 for £35 inc. postage off that well known auction site. Not a huge DAB fan, so my Denon TU-1800 will be sold soon. The Arcam has a slight scratch on the top front edge on the right but barley noticable when place in the rack. Matches the DV79/A18 too!

HiFi Lounge - you've got that right about cable mountains. Once I sell the above surround stuff, I'm re-doing the cabling and swapping some other kit in/out. Not looking forward to it - it's a good few hours work! Then I'll do it all again later on in the year when I move in with my other half.

Greetings all,

Arcam was my introduction to better audio, and only last summer did I retire my wonderful Alpha 9 integrated and power amps for a new Rega Elicit-R. (The Alphas got a good tune-up at an Arcam service center in Phoenix; sounded great.) While the amps are still in the closet, my primary system still includes my Alpha 9 CD player and MCD multi-disc player. Both sound wonderful.

I've been waiting for the release of Arcam's new A49 integrated, along with their C49 pre and P49 power amps. (They were unveiled at CES here in Las Vegas in January.) Anybody know when that will happen?

Cheers,

Jeff

I've had lots of Arcam kit over the years and always liked it. My favourite was an A32/P35 combination though I went on to A38/P38 which was the end of my Arcam amplification days. Had a number of CD players, the 72, 92,93 and CD36 which I still have and use occasionally as well as an rDAC for a few months. For me the CD36 is the best CD player Arcam made. I used to be keen on 5:1 and had a host of stuff including a P7, indeed I still have an AVR200, AVR300 and a DV137 boxed up in my spare room which one of these days I should really move on ... Saw the news on the new A49 which sort of lifted a bit of interest but it would really take something to tempt me to move on my Pathos.

I've had lots of Arcam kit over the years and always liked it. My favourite was an A32/P35 combination though I went on to A38/P38 which was the end of my Arcam amplification days. Had a number of CD players, the 72, 92,93 and CD36 which I still have and use occasionally as well as an rDAC for a few months. For me the CD36 is the best CD player Arcam made. I used to be keen on 5:1 and had a host of stuff including a P7, indeed I still have an AVR200, AVR300 and a DV137 boxed up in my spare room which one of these days I should really move on ... Saw the news on the new A49 which sort of lifted a bit of interest but it would really take something to tempt me to move on my Pathos.

That is a great set up you have there Les :). Out of curiosity, how does the Naim Dac V1 compare with the rDac?

Cheers