HoopsOnToast

Michell Engineering Owners Club

I hate the stand but I’m not a fan of these mammoth tower sized turn tables. The gyro is way too sexy to be stuck on stilts! But it’s all subjective and I would trust that Michell wouldn’t put out a product that didn’t serve its function very well

Super Wammer

9A2E7D30-1B36-405C-BAEF-81A3F870E516.thumb.png.30391ccd3dca8c8da2be92c58bbec4e6.png

Will it be available in black Perspex and chrome support legs? To match my Gyro😍

What happened to the release of their own cartridge? I first saw it in 2013 at the Bristol Hi-Fi show.

and this

F923DB62-4570-4FEC-8483-950A9AED3954.jpeg.6ac2c18f9074b01ec5812a57280f77a1.jpeg

Orbe SE R on show ‘

Super Wammer

has more lead been added to the underside of the chassis, it looks like that on the pic ,this would give the chassis more mass , cannot answer the question above but will ask , i did read about the cartridge but i don't think it happened yet ,

the legs are solid aluminum so  trying to anodize them may cost a lot more ,

Edited by gwernaffield

Super Wammer

Hi i had an email from Jonathan Nye with regards to the Stand , and the cartridge  so all is good, a cartridge is on the way but by a different partner ,as Michell were let down ,

The Stand and the deck are one piece as the SE has been modified, Michell have Designed a Retro fit for older decks and may offer that as an upgrade ,

the Cost of the modified SE and Rack system will Retail at £3200 Plus arm and Cartridge , part of the email regarding the Cartridge ,

(With regard to the cartridge, yes you can tell people, we were very badly let down at the last minute. Everything even down to the packaging was made and ready and then they could not supply.  The very small number we did manage to get made very good cartridges and everyone who has heard it / got one has said so.

The new partner can supply better generators to our spec and given the quality of the other parts we developed for the original cartridge the new one should be even better. )

Jonathan nye,

Super Wammer

Thanks Pete for the info.

I remember the name of the cartridge called ‘Cusis’ and I’m sure it was manufactured by Benz Micro. Looking forward to the release of the new cartridge soon.

14 hours ago, Beyond you said:

Thanks Pete for the info.

I remember the name of the cartridge called ‘Cusis’ and I’m sure it was manufactured by Benz Micro. Looking forward to the release of the new cartridge soon.

With Michell's track record l would not hold your breath.:)

• Haha 1

Super Wammer

I find the stand downright ugly tbh

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 09:44, Tarzan said:

With Michell's track record l would not hold your breath.:)

That said l believe there are one or two out in the field.:geek: