Sign in to follow this  
Vinylpassion

Did anybody get a picture of or listen to The Vinyl Passion music room ?

Hi All ,

Me Jan and my son all had a great time at the show this year.. we enjoyed making the displays and setting the system up and hope that you found it informative enjoyable and interesting.. being a small family concern we put a lot of hard work into getting everything as good as possible and the few who signed the guest book made very nice comments.. As we have seen no mention of our room or any pictures I am looking for a little feedback on the sound as this system was fully reference wired and also had one of the finest personal LP-12s I have built to date fitted with our Unity Two Magnesium alloy chassis... also if anybody has any pictures we would really appreciate copy's the few I did get time to take with my phone were not the best... kindest regards to all Mark Jan & Jon...

Hi All ,

Me Jan and my son all had a great time at the show this year.. we enjoyed making the displays and setting the system up and hope that you found it informative enjoyable and interesting.. being a small family concern we put a lot of hard work into getting everything as good as possible and the few who signed the guest book made very nice comments.. As we have seen no mention of our room or any pictures I am looking for a little feedback on the sound as this system was fully reference wired and also had one of the finest personal LP-12s I have built to date fitted with our Unity Two Magnesium alloy chassis... also if anybody has any pictures we would really appreciate copy's the few I did get time to take with my phone were not the best... kindest regards to all Mark Jan & Jon...

Sorry Mark - really enjoyed looking at your stuff, but didn't think to photo it. :doh:

Keep up your efforts on the LP12s - if they sound as good as they look they must be stunning to listen to.

:^

Thanks for the Reply John was beginning to wonder weather we were invisible hear out off over 350 pictures uploaded not one of our kit ?

we had a lot of admirers many put best sound of show in the guest book and quite a lot took pictures many with what looked like pro camera setups so with all the pictures uploaded I was amazed not to find any of our area or our kit or any of the display we spent so long setting up or any mention.. I notice your just up the road if you are ever passing by all means drop in with some vinyl.. no sales hype just a few hours of music and soak up the sound of a few of my creations I have a very special version of the LP-12 not to be unveiled until later this year and its a quantum leap in tec... feel free to bring your TT if you fancy.. we are setup to do very easy A/B comparisons we would really appreciate some feedback in my last attempt in this section I did not even get a single reply on this forum.. when I am selling so many kits around the world and getting such good reviews I am simply amazed it has provoked no interest hear ! we even sold 2 units at the show all to general visitors...

Kind Regards Mark..

bump... anybody ?

Hi Mark,

Sorry I didn't take any pictures, but I did spend some time sitting and talking with you the night before the show. I really enjoyed your set-up, it's very different to my usual set-up, but I liked your no nonsense approach to engineering, you have obviously spent a lot of time thinking and designing solutions to over come any of the short comings found in any system you have ever owned. Your passion for the subject and the way you didn't try and sell me anything was refreshing. It's a shame there are no piccies of your stuff, it did look really nice. I've definitely got your place on my list of places to visit when I get the chance. I never buy any Hi-Fi, I always make my own, however you sound like you make a decent cuppa and you certainly know how to chew the cud. In fact I've got a few ideas I think you'd be a good person to run past ;-) as well.

Now onto the sound of the system. On the previous evening, most people were frantically trying to get stuff to sound good in a crap space, some were having more trouble than others :-) Your system sounded even handed from the outset really, although your room did lend itself quite well to your setup. I really enjoyed listening to your LP-12 in particular, there were lots of them at the show but yours sounded far less euphoric than the usual, while still maintaining the essential rightness of the original. Somehow transcending the obvious reproduction challenges involved in getting music off a vinyl disc.

Well done.

Stefan

It must have been good....as your 2805's and your good self, persuaded me to PX my 989's for 2905's.

The lounge was a huge space to drive.

But I've heard your kit in your listening room & it's technically superb and sounds like real music.

As a former pro sound engineer it's always the quality of the sound that comes 1st with you.

Commerce comes some way down the list.

Anyone wanting advice, DIY bits or finished hifi could do a great deal worse than call in.

I look forward to those Open Days happening maybe.

No pictures sorry, I didn't get out of our own room much but have just realized you not that far away from me, about 40mins!

No photos Mark sorry, I didn’t bring my camera...

Would like to add that as per usual your room/kit sounded great very even-handed, and thoroughly enjoyable to listen to.

You’ve always been a great source of no nonsense information and enthusiasm, and Ive enjoyed several evenings listening to great music on your various set ups.

Anyone wanting some great advice, music kit or ideas should make it a priority to visit.

Thanks for the replies guys much appreciated we had Fresh Press records over for a weekend of food an music.... much fun had by all and yes we are going to organise an open day between ourselves and fresh press... their will be food and lots of vinyl..

Thanks for the replies guys much appreciated we had Fresh Press records over for a weekend of food an music.... much fun had by all and yes we are going to organise an open day between ourselves and fresh press... their will be food and lots of vinyl..

Sounds good. :)