Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

LAST MINUTE WAM HIFI SHOW AVAILABILITY - ONLY A FEW EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 5 SLEEP ONLY ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 3 BIG SYSTEM SPACES LEFT

themadlatvian

Shure Cartridge Owners Thread

Took 5 weeks in all and well worth the wait. I'm afraid customs got their mits on it, so that cost me another £38 but it plays brilliantly and set up was a doddle. Started at 1g tracking and backed off to 0.75g with no sonic loss so my LP's are smiling as well

I'm just waiting on a Shure M91ED with Jico SAS stylus to do battle with my 2M Blue. From all accounts the Shure/SAS setup should better it in all areas.

No posts since 2014?! We can't let this thread dry up. I started with a V15 III and presently have two V15 RS bodies and 1 original HE stylus, one original MR, a new Jico MR, and a Jico SAS. They perform very so well on my Linn Basik with LVX arm it's as if they were designed for each other. I have a NOS AT 14Sa that can't displace the Shure. The SAS spends time in my other system on an Oracle Alexandria Mk III with a Sumiko MMT arm. I have 3 MC cartridges for that system now; but often switch back to the Shure for it's sweet, forgiving sound.

Way back in the late 70s my first TT carried an M55e, In the 80s I have a V15mk IV (I think, the one with the brush on).

At the moment I have a V15 III G on a Luxman PD264 sporting a Hadcock GH228. THis V15 has a Jico neosas/ss stylus which is way better than the standard jico and the Ed Saunders Stylii I have.  I am tracking at 0.75gm and loving the details.

My other TT is a Townshend Rock II with RB250 and AT OC9 III. I have not tried the V15 on the Rock as yet.

We loved our '75' and '55' ancient items/never went beyond those for Shure ...

In the early '90s in my student days I picked up a Technics SL1800 at a junk shop for about £20, IIRC. Included was an M91ED. I wore out the stylus and replaced the cart with something else and it ended up in a drawer and forgotten.. until recently. Tried a cheap stylus and was pleasantly surprised so about a year ago I decided to splurge on a Jico SAS to see what it was capable of.

Really very impressed with it. The tracking ability is second to none, as said, and I really like the way this cart sounds. If anything, my only criticism would be that the deep bass is a little lacking in comparison to some carts I've tried. Possibly an arm matching issue with my setup, which I haven't experimented with much other than mounting the cart and aligning it. Must get a test LP some time and have a play.

I also have an M44-1.. yep, in a drawer somewhere. Came with a turntable purchase a while back.

Edited by Kevin Wood

I use a Shure ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with a jico sas stylus. Wasn't cheap used but probably the best sounding cart I've owned and no faffing about with step ups. 

• Like 1