The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

tackleberry

Musical fidelity massive!!!!!

Why not? (To both parts of the statement). Its reliable stuff these days!

I never said anything about reliability.

they have a habit of introducing a new bit of kit, selling it for a while then drastically cutting the price as there is the next best thing in the pipeline. That means that the people who paid full price have all the residual value knocked out of their purchase as it is now available new for what was the second hand price.

The 550 superchargers were a case in point. After issuing system calculators that basically said that everyone's system lacked headroom and could not produce decent dynamic range (hence eveyone needed a 150Wpc supercharger) they then discounted them heavily and introduced a 30Wpc amp, presumably lacking headroom and dynamic range. Talk about mixed messages and weird pricing decisions.

So I would never buy anything new as I would have no confidence that it would hold it's s/h value, but as I said in my original post, there is nothing wrong with their kit.

I never said anything about reliability.

they have a habit of introducing a new bit of kit, selling it for a while then drastically cutting the price as there is the next best thing in the pipeline. That means that the people who paid full price have all the residual value knocked out of their purchase as it is now available new for what was the second hand price.

The 550 superchargers were a case in point. After issuing system calculators that basically said that everyone's system lacked headroom and could not produce decent dynamic range (hence eveyone needed a 150Wpc supercharger) they then discounted them heavily and introduced a 30Wpc amp, presumably lacking headroom and dynamic range. Talk about mixed messages and weird pricing decisions.

So I would never buy anything new as I would have no confidence that it would hold it's s/h value, but as I said in my original post, there is nothing wrong with their kit.

Ah I see. I wrongly assumed that it was something to do with reliability as people often moan about it with MF and its not true any more. I agree that the period a few years ago with the Superchargers did AM no favours but since then they have been much better and have possibly learnt their lesson. The M1 series is fairly recent as is the M8, so think i'm just waiting for the M3 and M6 series to be discontinued/amalgamated into one new series now! How about the M4?

Case in point being the M6i which Fanthropes are doing brand new for £1,499. £1,100 or 42% off retail price. Ok if you get one of these deals but you'd be pretty annoyed if you'd just paid full whack.

I recently bought the M6500i from a fellow wammer, love it.

Also had A5 pre/power combo with A3.5 cd player in the past. Can't say I've a had anything to complain about other than the cheap feel to the cd tray on the A3.5 cd player.

A favorite feature is the home theatre bypass- useful for anyone who likes to integrate HI-FI and home cinema.

Greetings fellow Musical Fidelity fans (or not as the case may be) At last we have our own space! This is my current MF collection: My faithful A2 cd player running alongside a newer A3 cd player which is coupled to an A3 24 bit DAC. The powerhouse is an A300 dual mono integrated amp which I have bi-amped with an A300cr dual mono power amp. I think these amps are a taste of high-end equipment at a relatively modest cost. I might try an A3cr pre-amp one day as some reviewers raved about it combined with my current power amp. Oh, and the speakers are a lovely pair of Mission 754's. To say I'm happy with my current setup is an understatement.

I have in my possession an A3 DualMono Pre and I am thoroughly enjoying the sound be interesting to add the power to it

Had both for some 12 - 13 years now and would highly recommend it. Had a bit of trouble with the pre, but it was easily fixed and the power's been absolutely fine.

Added an A3.2CD before Christmas and the whole lot sounds superb.

Anyone have any experience with the 2008 release of the A1 amplifier? Been looking at one as a replacement from my current pre/power setup, had a 25 wpc Sugden Class A power amp previously which sounded glorious and drove my Totems fine (although with a lot of heat output) - would the 36 wpc MF sound similar being Class A too?

Thanks

Interesting to read above, inc. bit about Linn LK amps.

To replace underwhelming-performing Quad 405/Nytech as a pre, I enjoyed MF Synthesis int. for about a year till when moving house I 'heard' that the supposedly welded-internally C bracket holding the mains-input copper-windings thingie had 'come off'/mended it with drilling-screwing-bolting-nutting.

Several incarnations of Synthesis, my 'Red Stripe' was £345 new as soon as it came out/much highly-rated in the 10 or so hifi monthly comix (!).

Drove Celestion SL6/Mission 770 Freedoms beautifully.

Although I have admired stylistically-visually much MF product since, I have not purchased.

Funnily enough, considering above Linn amps post, I traded it in for world's 1st R/C amp, the Linn LK1 + LK2 ...

I have an A3cr pre/power combo. Been using it non stop for almost 15 years and it's still great, and works really well with my Proac Response 2.5s. Thinking of having it upgraded by JS Audio.

Also have an X10 v3, modded by JS Audio which I really enjoy.

It's really cool to finally have an MF-lovers corner on here.:)

I thought my MF days are over, but I'm lusting after this beauty and hope to acquire it in September.

613mdac.promo_.jpg

^ the M6 DAC. Relish what Stereophile had to say about it. It seems eminently suited for playing large-scale classical music, always an MF speciality.

Will demo it with the M6 power amp, a Stereophile Class A component with switch-able dual inputs that can accommodate two different preamps. You can hook up a valve and a solidstate preamp and swing between the two at your whim.:^:shock:

SS

It's really cool to finally have an MF-lovers corner on here.:)

I thought my MF days are over, but I'm lusting after this beauty and hope to acquire it in September.

613mdac.promo_.jpg

^ the M6 DAC. Relish what Stereophile had to say about it. It seems eminently suited for playing large-scale classical music, always an MF speciality.

Will demo it with the M6 power amp, a Stereophile Class A component with switch-able dual inputs that can accommodate two different preamps. You can hook up a valve and a solidstate preamp and swing between the two at your whim.:^:shock:

SS

Looks lovely. :)

Re the new DAC, I'm not sure that MF ever bettered the original Digilog, which I still bitterly regret selling.

I've had several bits of MF over the decades and loved all of it.

Hi guys, M6i owner here. Switched from a Krell KAV400, the M6i pretty much matches it for bass control with a slightly more relaxed presentation yet manages a little more detail.

Really great amp. I almost bought the M6500 but it wouldn't have fit in my cabinet, the huge beast is too deep lol.