tackleberry

Musical fidelity massive!!!!!

3 hours ago, CnoEvil said:

Yes of course.

Unfortunately, amp plans are on hold, as I have found a patch of Dry Rot in my old Victorian house. Until the builder pulls off the plaster to reveal how far it has spread, I won't know the extent of the damage.

Whatever happens now, the NV800 is out of the question. An NV600 might happen if the problem is small....but....

I am keeping my eye out for an Arcam A49.....and a Gato DIA 250S might also be affordable.

It just depends on what I have to spend to fix my house.

hi cno

sorry to hear that.

all the best.

On 01/05/2019 at 17:03, CnoEvil said:

Yes of course.

Unfortunately, amp plans are on hold, as I have found a patch of Dry Rot in my old Victorian house. Until the builder pulls off the plaster to reveal how far it has spread, I won't know the extent of the damage.

Whatever happens now, the NV800 is out of the question. An NV600 might happen if the problem is small....but....

I am keeping my eye out for an Arcam A49.....and a Gato DIA 250S might also be affordable.

It just depends on what I have to spend to fix my house.

Hugely disappointing when that sort of thing gets in the way of buying new kit.
A John Sampson modified kW500 or 550 also worth looking out for.
Good luck.

I'm a bit of a noob to MF. 

I sold my Naim 252/300 system couple of years back and I'm using an M6Si.

I find it amazing; part may be due to having a ceramic tiled floor an an electricity substation nearby, but I am very pleased with it.

I'll shortly be in a position to upgrade and I am v tempted by the  M8 Encore 500; apart from anything else I fancy getting into streamed music. Current CDP a Naim CDX2.

I also have a reasonable spec LP12, Akiva, Ekos 2 etc and it looks like this box will be able to accommodate it. Other source a Sony ST-A7B tuner, and a Nakamichi 680ZX which I don't really use...

Anyone heard the M8 Encore 500?