tackleberry

Musical fidelity massive!!!!!

Ex MF-fanboy here who has owned the amps and cdps of every generation of MF's 'X' series. Still retain the X-A2 and X-T100 amps The latter remains a very good sounding hybrid integrated (with a very useful valve pre-out stage). It has certainly influenced my predilection for true hybrid pre-power amplification.

AM's past marketing strategies have been quirky, but hey he's a daft clarinettist.:P

SS

Had an A100 and regretted selling. After several iterations, went back to MF with a P180 running off an AR SP9. Sold the lot when I moved to the states. Now after several changes of countries, have a Tri Vista 300 and have had this now for more than 10yrs.

Sold my A1000 last year and although I loved it I feel my system is now better.....Synergy me thinks, but the big A class amps are beautiful and mine was a work of art build wise.

Had my X-A200's tweaked and in my system for years. Powering my 4ohm KEF reference speakers, I can say with utter honesty, they just sit there, make no noise, complain little and accept all the stick I can give them without a flaming murmur.

They have sired countless parties when the music was über loud and still barely break into a sweat. Moreover, when I want to unwind at a more gentle pace with Julia Fordham or some Mike Oldfield they are so very delicate. Class.

I love 'em !

Used to run the F-22 valve pre amplifier and F-15 100 watt class a power amplifier. Nice combination, but wasted on my speakers at the time which were the B&W DM602 S2... Ran so hot that during a sunny day, you could see heat haze...

Re: CDM-1NTs being the weak link in your system....don't be too hasty; they were discontinued quite early on by B&W because the performance difference between them and the big Nautilus speakers on sale at the time wasn't what the price hike suggested. I still have CDM-1NTs upstairs after they were replaced by my NS1000M. Don't underestimate the calibre of your speakers, they are awesome!

Re: CDM-1NTs being the weak link in your system....don't be too hasty; they were discontinued quite early on by B&W because the performance difference between them and the big Nautilus speakers on sale at the time wasn't what the price hike suggested

Good to know, thanks Craig!

Admin

Had a Trivista 300 two-box integrated amp for a few years,and enjoyed it.Could get a bit sharp with the B&W CDM9nts i had when i bought it,but was better with the 802ds i replaced them with.Certainly never ran out of power! The NuVista that John has is supposed to be a bit smoother in this regard,and would probably gel better with B&Ws i would have thought.

Would have loved a shot with a JS modded KW550,but went down the Classe route when i replaced the Trivista,so will never know how it would have sounded.

Sold my A1000 last year and although I loved it I feel my system is now better.....Synergy me thinks, but the big A class amps are beautiful and mine was a work of art build wise.

Would love to have heard the A1000! Been after one of these ever since I sold my A100s which I only sold because of the lack of power.

Super Wammer

Loved my A1000...had it from new for 17 yrs...wondefull warm valve like sound and visually stunning

Really pleased to see this thread! Absolutely loved all the MF kit I've had over the years and I've had a few bits; A3.2 integrated & cd, P172 pre & P170 power, M6i, M6 Pre & Prx, V-LPSmk2, X-Can v8p.

Highlight must be the M6 Pre & Prx....still don't know why I sold it :doh:. Currently dont have any MF equipment, but plans are afoot!!!

Nothing wrong with MF kit but I would never buy anything new and if I was a dealer I would never stock it.

Nothing wrong with MF kit but I would never buy anything new and if I was a dealer I would never stock it.

Why not? (To both parts of the statement). Its reliable stuff these days!

I bought a Nu-vista integrated when they first came out. It was a cracking amp and a worthwhile improvement over the Linn LK1/LK280 it replaced.

I've also owned a few of the X series bits and pieces over the years and couldn't fault any of it for performance at its price point.

Have had plenty over the years. Particularly liked the old XA-50 power amps (the tubular-shaped ones). Very musical and good current delivery. The original 'The Pre-amp' was a lovely little thing too.

My only negative about them is their sometimes bizarre pricing policy, which often badly hurts purchasers of new stuff.