tackleberry

Musical fidelity massive!!!!!

Super Wammer

What ya got? Do they get unnecessary bad press? Bad years ,good years? What's your fave...

I have in my possession an A3 DualMono Pre and I am thoroughly enjoying the sound be interesting to add the power to it

Love my MF kit. Couldn't care a tinker's cuss what others think about them - I haven't heard much that can match my NuVista amp for example, let alone better it. The matching cdp is spectacularly good also.

There's different kit out there, much of which I enjoy, but very little that is clearly better.

AM is a bit of an oddball character, and his marketing decisions do not always make much sense, but that is NO reason to dismiss all MF equipment.

:^

Super Wammer
I have in my possession an A3 DualMono Pre and I am thoroughly enjoying the sound be interesting to add the power to it

sold mine last year with the power, no nonsense kit, couldnt complain. good timing, great bass.

- - - Updated - - -

Super Wammer
Love my MF kit. Couldn't care a tinker's cuss what others think about them - I haven't heard much that can match my NuVista amp for example, let alone better it. The matching cdp is spectacularly good also.

There's different kit out there, much of which I enjoy, but very little that is clearly better

AM is a bit of an oddball character, and his marketing decisions do not always make much sense, but that is NO reason to dismiss all MF equipment.

:^

He does make some funny decisions and not the best customer service in my opinion. but hes brought some great kit out over the years. my a1000 sounds great. not heard the nu vista amp.

I have an A370 and run the bass with it in an active horn system. It's a really fantastic amp, wasted really... Run full range it has super smooth, almost valve-like mids and real bass. I won't be getting rid...

I have the A3 Integrated, two XA-50 Power amps, the X-Act Dac, and the X-Cans headphone amp, and the A3 CD player. So yes, a bit of a fan.

I need a change soon, but I will need to be careful not to spend good money and get no improvement! I would like to try more Watts into my Martin Logans, but would definitely try MF kit again if it is at the right price when I come to make the change - one of the more muscular integrateds might do me nicely.....

Some very strange marketing tactics over the years, but they are still making the stuff so they have to be doing something right!

Super Wammer

Still have my mk1 A370....a true monster but a wonderful amp

Now in full use driving the bass transmission lines in my active system

Just seen two separate adds on eBay for £2K ......madness but they are rare items now I guess

Edited by MF 1000
update Oct 17

KW500 and Tri-Vista 21 DAC, both of which have been given a jolly good seeing to by JS Audio. I know that currently my speakers are the weak link in my chain, but what these two can get them to do is pretty incredible so there's no urge to replace them (as wallet breathes a sigh of relief!).

• Upvote 1

I have a pair of MF MC-5s, stand mount, a driver and tweeter to the front baffle, a driver and tweeter to the top baffle and a bottom port. They really do sound good, throwing a large and airy soundstage, with good bass for a smallish cabinet.

Convert since my first listen to an original A1. Been through several amps since those early days, came back to MF A5, then up to A1008 - huge weight, dynamics, detail - then finally (?) a pre-owned AMS 35i, sounds like 100 A1s in a big box, hot, beautiful imaging, holographic, just wonderful.

Still have my mk1 A370....a true monster but a wonderful amp

Was always impressed with the A370 back in the day when I couldn't afford one!

Been through a few amps over the years, but am now very settled on the MF Primo and AMS 150 (successor to the A370??) and love them. The 150 is another 'monster' amp at 60kgs and handles anything and everything that's thrown at it with ease. :D

Super Wammer

Had a few bits of MF kit over the years.The class A MA50 monoblocks were very nice - wrong decision to trade them in for a Krell integrated way back...

My current kW550 & kW25 with JS Audio mods are top class & the little V90 DAC is a winner.

Have to agree about some of MF's strange marketing.