navigator

Sixth show in 66th year--fresh thoughts for 2015?

I'm sort of on RobHolt's side here - surely some discussion is valid? I think the show is great, having been to every one and exhibited at most, and it has become increasingly slick as we've gone on, but there is always room for reflection and discussion.

That said I think that a full Saturday show is fraught with issues (bedroom exhibitors would have to have a bed in for the Saturday night, for example - how would that work?).

It might be possible to have a limited show on the Saturday, using just the large rooms, but even that would mean that the systems would have to be well sorted by say 1pm (it could run from 1pm to 5pm, say). I'm not sure many could guarantee that. In my case it would be very hard to justify the extra time away from my young family, my wife was cursing as it was!

Even if we could guarantee ten systems for the large rooms for Saturday, would many more actually come? Given the choice, doesn't the Sunday, with all systems running, make the most sense for visitors?

Where was Rob Holt's 'discussion' after years 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5? The fact is we've 'discussed' it to death and the conclusion has always been the same.

I pretty certain that the after show threads are available in the archive too, so there's no excuse for reading them and absorbing the information.

A short radio play...

Nurse: Hello, is that Sir Magdi Yacoub?

Yacoub: Yes. Why?

Nurse: Well it's about your last cardiac surgery patient.

Yacoub: Is he alright?

Nurse: Oh yes. He's doing fine, but I just thought, you know, why don't we try and do even better. I don't know, maybe give him the ability to run a marathon or something.

Yacoub: So he's doing fine, alive and healthy, but you'd like me to risk that by making him do something more than he was ever able to, yes?

Nurse: Yes sir. I think that's a brilliant idea.

Yacoub: Why don't you fuck off and stick to what you understand, you idiot.

The end.

• Upvote 3

A short radio play...

Nurse: Oh yes. He's doing fine, but I just thought, you know, why don't we try and do even better. I don't know, maybe give him the ability to run a marathon or something.

Yacoub: So he's doing fine, alive and healthy, but you'd like me to risk that by making him do something more than he was ever able to, yes?

The end.

LOL, that's about right :^

Super Wammer
A short radio play...

The end.

:goodone:

If we tried for a full 2 day show, exhibitors could not stay in the room used for the show, unless the hotel where prepared to move beds in and out again, if they where, at what cost.

How much extra would the hotel charge for a full extra day.

Would the show be able to cover the extra costs through extra visitors

As an exhibitor it costs me, fuel, accommodation, meals, travel insurance, fine, I enjoy the weekend, so its good value. Am I prepared to add £100 to that, plus a days holiday to stretch the show, at the risk of the show making a financial loss. In real wam style, no fucking way.

If we tried for a full 2 day show, exhibitors could not stay in the room used for the show, unless the hotel where prepared to move beds in and out again, if they where, at what cost.

How much extra would the hotel charge for a full extra day.

Would the show be able to cover the extra costs through extra visitors

As an exhibitor it costs me, fuel, accommodation, meals, travel insurance, fine, I enjoy the weekend, so its good value. Am I prepared to add £100 to that, plus a days holiday to stretch the show, at the risk of the show making a financial loss. In real wam style, no fucking way.

I like this post, but not sure if the swearing was really necessary.

:D 36 days (+Sundays) to go.

Very impressive thus far, I don't think I could last out, particularly considering a couple of the characters around at the moment. ;-)

(If you want me to swear at them by proxy, let me know)

Ah, on the lent job then Mark?

How much longer to go, you wanker?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, John beat me to it.

36 days? Hahahahahaha. Not a fucking chance mate.

Ah, on the lent job then Mark?

How much longer to go, you wanker?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, John beat me to it.

36 days? Hahahahahaha. Not a fucking chance mate.

That'll be another tenner in to the charity pot then. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

:D 36 days (+Sundays) to go.

Very impressive thus far, I don't think I could last out, particularly considering a couple of the characters around at the moment. ;-)

(If you want me to swear at them by proxy, let me know)

All going well so far. Did you swear at the cartridge?

So what, didn't cost you a tenner did it?

Sit back and relax (while other do the swearing for you) ;-)

So what, didn't cost you a tenner did it?

Sit back and relax (while other do the swearing for you) ;-)

I do feel quite superior without the swearing. I am thinking of taking up religion next. Just got to decide which one is best. Has anybody done any measurements?

I do feel quite superior without the swearing. I am thinking of taking up religion next. Just got to decide which one is best. Has anybody done any measurements?

Christianity - 2.6

Judaism - 1.9

Islam - 3.4

Buddhism - Zero. But what is zero?

Scientology - 32

A clear winner. :D

Yes.

Buddhism: 8 letters

Christianity: 12 letters

Judaism: 7 letters

As a part yid, this merely supports stereotypes. Oy vey. Why waste letters for no return?