R Walker

Can someone help me identify this album please

Can't remember who's room it was but this was playing. It's not my usual kind of music but the two tracks I heard were great. Probably came back from the show with as many new music ideas as I did hifi ones, one of the best days out I've had in ages. Just sat here now listening to Ed Alleyne - Johnson's Purple electric violin concerto thanks to the tall chap in the long grey jacket.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thehifishow/12911643473/

It's the one in the middle of the pic.

It's Dean's room. SCIDIB.

The master of music frankly. Send him a PM and he'll identify it.

Hi,

The album is Albert Collins - Ice Pickin'. Albert was a mighty fine blues player who first cut records in the 1950s. He was known as the "The Master of the Telecaster" or "The Iceman". He stuck at it and gained in popularity. He would have been bigger but was struck down with cancer and died in 1993.

Ice Pickin' is his best album and it is from 1978,

The tracks I played were;

Conversation with Collins & Avalache

51ZMS3SYKaL._SY450_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ice-Pickin-Albert-Collins/dp/B0000009XI/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1394046796&sr=1-1&keywords=albert+collins

http://open.spotify.com/album/5iFF3KWzukkaBLA6bDGoGw

SCIDB

Cheers, great tracks and your gear sounded magic.

• Upvote 1

It's a fabulous album, should have played a track. It would have been a needledrop but who cares.

"Here she come, draggin' in"

There's a mid-80s collaboration with Robert Cray and Johnny Copeland called 'Showdown' that I remember as being great, but not played it for years. So that's an idea.

Paul

It will be on order before go to bed tonight

I could have stayed in SCIDB's room all afternoon and got myself a decent musical education. The time I did manage to spend in there I was smiling like a loon - awesome tunes, none of which I had heard before :notworthy:

• Upvote 1

Albert Collins, AKA The Capo Crusader, great player could really dig out them notes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's on order. Next year I think I'm going to be spending more time in Deans room. Thanks again for the help.

Can't remember who's room it was but this was playing. It's not my usual kind of music but the two tracks I heard were great. Probably came back from the show with as many new music ideas as I did hifi ones, one of the best days out I've had in ages. Just sat here now listening to Ed Alleyne - Johnson's Purple electric violin concerto thanks to the tall chap in the long grey jacket.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thehifishow/12911643473/

It's the one in the middle of the pic.

Im going to get me a copy of that album too - when the guy(looking every inch the aged punk/rocker - albeit one with excelletn dress-sense) handed me that album to put on I wasnt sure what I was expecting but it certainly wasnt what I heard lol.

There were 3 or 4 others in my room at the time that were very interested in who the artist was as well.

Im going to get me a copy of that album too - when the guy(looking every inch the aged punk/rocker - albeit one with excelletn dress-sense) handed me that album to put on I wasnt sure what I was expecting but it certainly wasnt what I heard lol.

There were 3 or 4 others in my room at the time that were very interested in who the artist was as well.

I was in your room Chris when he handed it to you, then I caught it again on those huge blue plasma tweetered speakers downstairs. Was really impressed with the T&A's, they are very special. I just need someone with your talent to help me rebuild the cross-overs on the Castles with some decent components

I was in your room Chris when he handed it to you, then I caught it again on those huge blue plasma tweetered speakers downstairs. Was really impressed with the T&A's, they are very special. I just need someone with your talent to help me rebuild the cross-overs on the Castles with some decent components

Thanks Richard, I really enjoy them and knowing that my work on them contributes in some way to the pleasing sonics is rather satisfying. I dont know that I have any particular talent for this DIY stuff - I am just not afraid to give things a go. If I can help you in any way just send me a PM and let me know how.

I just need someone with your talent to help me rebuild the cross-overs on the Castles with some decent components

panic330.png

;-)