Sign in to follow this  
JamPal

Time for ME to thank YOU!

He is PaulR on PFM and was aided and abetted by IanW a PFM'er also but sure they have accounts here. They used ncore amps to power the 57's and a laptop and mdac. See link below for photo's and some info. Great set up and the set seemed in fairly good fettle.

Ianw and Paul55 on wigwam.

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=149984&page=5

Hi Tony,

They were as far as we could tell original panels. Measuring both pairs showed that one pair had a very consistent frequency response, the other pair had one side that was down on level.

Once integrated the mismatch became much less evident.

Wow lots of talk about a two day show but its not just double the logistics. People would have to take a day off work to set up for Saturday if we opened the doors at 10 am . How would that impact on the number of exhibitors we get . Alot i would imagine. Remember also we are not showcasing trade systems and products and therefore are not seeking to make great sums. Basically just to cover our arses and plough some funds back into the forum. A commercial show will make the organiser money from room charges regardless of how many walk through . We have to do so from ticket sales mainly . Could we guarantee a 1000 plus people over 2 days . Again i'd say no and would we as forum members cover the shortfall if we didn't . Lastly are commercial hifi shows perceived to be a success these days . All i hear is alot of negative feedback from trade shows !

Loved the quadrophonic room ........... how about an 8 track room next year :upgrade:

I were seriously (during the Sunday nite curry) discussing exhibiting next year, and putting on a couple of hours of mono.

Back+TO+Mono+Pin.jpg

I were seriously (during the Sunday nite curry) discussing exhibiting next year, and putting on a couple of hours of mono.

Back+TO+Mono+Pin.jpg

A great idea, the fact that we are not commercial allows us to do things like that.

also the more unusual rooms, stacked quads, Serge's quad set up, the Yello concert, all got a fantastic reception.

Rightly so too as the variety they brought enhanced the show I felt.

Cheers

Steve

A great idea, the fact that we are not commercial allows us to do things like that.

also the more unusual rooms, stacked quads, Serge's quad set up, the Yello concert, all got a fantastic reception.

Rightly so too as the variety they brought enhanced the show I felt.

Cheers

Steve

Steve, where do we sign up for Scalford 2015 then?

It was me, I did it....

In partnership with three others, it was just my name on the list.

Very seriously thinking of taking four or five pairs next year, if we can get a suitable space.

Paul

Fantastic - loved those stacked quads. Four or five pairs - are you going for a Marshall stack ? :)

Hi Tony,

They were as far as we could tell original panels. Measuring both pairs showed that one pair had a very consistent frequency response, the other pair had one side that was down on level.

Once integrated the mismatch became much less evident.

Hi Ian, Interesting I have considered getting a second pair just for the hell of it but the pair I can possibly purchase locally have that issue one side down and also much darker sounding then my OTA 57's that also have the OTEC treble panel. Your 'exotic' frame would be just the ticket to get it working for a trial and I might have a go at that and borrow and try them out. I have a 30w Jadis DA50 integrated so that might be a concern also as it may not have enough welly. Had hoped that integration would camouflage the problems and your experience gives me hope but read elsewhere that they needed to be matched.Food for thought. Nice meeting you guys you seem so normal for PFMers!

Cheers Tony

There's no way we could cope with a full two day show. There was a lot of farting going on in our room during the second night. I fear a third night of curries & beer would be leathal.

Steve, where do we sign up for Scalford 2015 then?

I'm going to try it by removing one set of speaker cables tonight.

That is what you meant by mono, isn't it? :?

How about a mono system bake off, you could have two mono systems playing the same music....:dunno:...oh hang on....

There's no way we could cope with a full two day show. There was a lot of farting going on in our room during the second night. I fear a third night of curries & beer would be leathal.

Especially around plasma tweeters......

I'm going to try it by removing one set of speaker cables tonight.

That is what you meant by mono, isn't it? :?

How about a mono system bake off, you could have two mono systems playing the same music....:dunno:...oh hang on....

You guys should be on the stage...

Sweeping up after the dog act.

:TheBird:

You guys should be on the stage...

Sweeping up after the dog act.

:TheBird:

We could be on telly, the Amp and Deck Show. :minikev:

• Upvote 1

Eye thang yew!

:minikev:

I've had a butchers on that there Fink Pish.

They don't do FUN.

Does it pay more than I'm on now? If so I'll take it!