Sign in to follow this  
JamPal

Time for ME to thank YOU!

Super Wammer

Big hug to James, epic work to get the show up and running every year!

:notworthy:

We just couldn't have the show in any other hotel anywhere else, it just wouldn't be right. Over the last five years we seem have built up such a good relationship with the management/staff that not only does everything seem to run smoothly it runs with an extra sprinkling of enthusiasm that adds to the overall atmosphere.

I recognised most of the staff :doh:

I was talking to one of the girls in the breakfast room on Monday morning. She said that she was so knackered after her daytime Sunday shift, she was in bed, asleep by 7.30. :D

Big thanks to James, all the organising team and the hotel staff who make the event go so well.

Thanks also to all the exhibitors and attendees who put on the show and see and hear the results of our efforts.

I have helped Paul55 for the past 4 years with his room. This year with the stacked Quads required a lot more work beforehand as we had to build and test everything beforehand (including borrowing the 2nd pair of Quads from a PFMer from Hull). Next year we are thinking about an even bigger arrangement but that could only work in a bigger room (please?).

Ian

They showed great promise. I'd love to have heard them in a bigger room. Do bring them again!

I thought about bringing a pair last year, but in the end decided that I would struggle to make them work in anything other than one of the larger rooms.

VB

Boss....Good luck with the new owner. I'm sure he'll want the weekend as a fixture in the future, but just in case it all goes titsup, I am totally convinced that we can and will make the show work at whatever venue we are handed. Might mean some harder work, but there's something pioneering about having to start over which brings the best out in chaps and gals.

ps. There's some Jolly nice venues in Scotland, did you know?

Meanwhile, roll on Scalford 2015.:)

... There's some Jolly nice venues in Scotland, did you know?

Meanwhile, roll on Scalford 2015.:)

Well if we're considering travelling abroad then France, Belgium and Holland have some nice places too :D. And they're all in the EU so there would be no problem with shipping commercial stuff backwards and forwards across the borders.

VB

• Upvote 1

I met the new owner, popped by our room, seems a decent chap to me and was very interested in what was going on (obviously).

I like Scalford.

Guest Crazytrain

I think it was Paul55. They were Powered by a larva lamp :shock:. :D

I think it was Paul55. They were Powered by a larva lamp :shock:. :D

He is PaulR on PFM and was aided and abetted by IanW a PFM'er also but sure they have accounts here. They used ncore amps to power the 57's and a laptop and mdac. See link below for photo's and some info. Great set up and the set seemed in fairly good fettle.

Ianw and Paul55 on wigwam.

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=149984&page=5

Can I ask please, who at Scalford was showing the stacked pair of Quad ESL 57's ?

Just curious....

It was me, I did it....

In partnership with three others, it was just my name on the list.

Very seriously thinking of taking four or five pairs next year, if we can get a suitable space.

Paul

They sounded great to my eyes. Here's a pic I took

12908425564_561bc58499_c.jpg

8H0B1565 by The Hifiwigwam Hifi Show, on Flickr