Sign in to follow this  
JamPal

Time for ME to thank YOU!

A huge thanks to everyone that exhibited. I have done it myself and recognise what a total ball ache it can be. Although fun, it's a risk and hard bloody work. So Thank you all.

Rabski has done another cracking job on the brochures and web site. Chaps, really do get in touch with him if you have any Web design work that needs doing.

Testure stayed up till 2am printing off all the posters and signs around the place. Great work mate, thanks.

To Robin, Barney, Jane and the many others that helped out with the raffle while Dom (thanks mate for your help on the door) were manning the door.

Big thanks to all the trade members for the generous raffle donations and also to those that exhibited. Having a chosen few of you there really secures the show financially and makes sure we can keep doing it.

And a Mahooossive Thank you to all that came along and visited!

Steve for organising the curry and letting the locals know about the show via his radio show. Thank you!

Jim, your Pie run is fantastic. Thank you!

Who did I miss? Some one important probably...

Thank you ALL!

Cheers,

James.

• Upvote 1

Agh! yes, Hoops and everyone that sorted the many fantastic photos. Thank you!

Super Wammer
:whistle:
  • Upvote 2

AAAARGHHHHH!!!!!

I sodding knew it. Sorry Bob. Massive thanks of course to Bob for arranging the Badges. :doh:

OK James thanks accepted :^,

if your lucky I may turn up again next year ;-),

or if you are very lucky I may not turn up :D

• Upvote 1

:^ Cheers big guy - you know how many people get such a buzz from this. Great hearing that even the Scalford staff look forward to it due to the atmosphere we collectively create. Lots of people feeling like they have been on holiday (in the smiles and good memories) plus a great amount of money raised for charity - a lot of work but very worthwhile and appreciated by many.
  • Upvote 1

Can this yearly hi-fi event run over two days instead of one I wonder ?

pete

No. The best fun is to be had by turning up on Saturday lunchtime and having a laugh with the wammers. Sunday is just about hifi. Bit dull really.

Can this yearly hi-fi event run over two days instead of one I wonder ?

pete

:rofl: We almost set up a sweep to bet how long before the first 'lets make it 2 days' post appeared.

All agree, would be lovely except for the huge extra cost, exhibitors being unable to commit to 2 days, and a plethora of other reasons. Many do make it sort of 2 days by turning up on the Saturday and having a quieter day with chance to hear some systems before the crowds of the 'show' day.

Yeah, pay me £500 and I'll exhibit over two days. Multiply that by 40 exhibitors, twenty grand then, I'm sure the extra takings will cover that :^

It's taken a few years for me to make it, and then it was only the Saturday, but I'm hooked. Brilliant atmosphere, brilliant people, why wouldn't you?

Great to meet you Big un, and all the other names I can now put faces to. The amount of work that goes into this event is awesome. It's also completely voluntary which tells you a lot about the exhibitors and the inhabitants of this forum in general.

Well done Jim, it's a bloody marvellous thing you do to organise it. That's not to suggest that you didn't have tons of help from the dedicated, and you should all feel proud of what you've done.

• Upvote 1

The age-old saying is spot on here. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

The format as it is, has, with some tweaking, worked superbly for the last few years. There is accordingly absolutely no reason to change it whatsoever.

To all those who are suggesting making it two days, please think carefully. Two days means twice the cost in terms of the hotel. Actually probably more. Plus a lot of exhibitors simply won't be able to do it. The visitor numbers will not double. Therefore, twice the cost, same income = loss.

It works superbly as it is, so within reason, leave well alone.

• Upvote 1

A big bunch of thank you to who has been called by someone James Gru and his minions. What a fantastic show and brilliant atmosphere which I had never ever experienced in any other commercial shows.

Yes I was a trade exhibitor and I was supposed to stay in my room to answer questions and not to miss any possible business. But I couldn't resist the wonderland out there. Therefore another big bunch of thank your to Jerry and Simon who babysit my room -- you made my day!