The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

On 12/04/2019 at 19:38, hifinutt said:

fab , keep us posted on how they sound 

All I can say is WOW! This Amplifier has breathed new life into the system; the Monitor Golds are singing like never before. 

Please excuse me, I must get back to listening to my favourite music in a totally different way! 

😊 😊 😊 

• Like 1

I'm going to call this Tannoytherapy. At least 30 minutes per day. At. The. Very. Least... 

👍👍👍

My local tannoy dealer sell eatons with a21se , I can see why , what a superb match they are . Tremendous bass control, they really rock with the suggy. Very dynamic and compelling sound . If you shut your eyes you might just think you had a big pair of floorstanders not some standmounts the size of harbeth shl5plus

• Like 1

Has anyone moved ,permanently from small Tannoys to large or vice versa and see this as a permanent move.

😎

I think one key factor with Tannoys is to match them to your room size. In a larger room, my HPD Eatons sounded smaller and bass light when compared to 15" HPDS. But in a smaller room, it all clicked into place and with a bit of wall reinforcement they sounded full and produced plenty of bass.

Similarly big Tannoys in a too small room .can sound slow and boomy.

So in answer your Tannoys may be for life if you don't move house!

• Like 1

Super Wammer

I have just added this Tannoy Corner cabinet with silver 12"it also came with it's own matching Tannoy amp! Needs a refurb, but all working. The amp will need to go to someone who knows what their doing.

460235168_Tannoycornercab.jpg.21908eb121abffac5651413a64e180e7.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

SRM12X 

i have now owned these for a couple of months and have no intention of moving them on . My first listen was like a revelation, they are incredible.

currently used with my Alchemist kraken pre and power . 

1CA4D5F6-2FC1-4DCC-8F37-BB56A80EB8B8.jpeg

604A5C9D-0DA0-45B7-BB86-B389E921F0F8.jpeg

• Like 2

Hello again from Spain.
I would like to try some tannoy model in 12 or 15 inches (glenair) since the latter has a suitable size for me but I never heard any.
I come from a lot of big vintage JBL, Rogers ls5 / 8 and Spendor BC3 ... and I don't know how comparative it will be with tannoy (vintage or modern).
I really like JBL and Rogers ... less spendor.
Thank you.

Posted (edited)

hu alpina, I moved.from big 70s Tannoys to 70s JBLs and there are tonal.similarities. Bass is tighter and has more impact on the JBLs.

In my opinion they both boogie better than the various Rogers speakers I have owned.

IMO, the Glenair has a more forward presentation than 70s Tannoys such as monitor gold or hpd. You would need to listen to ensure they hit the spot.

speakers such as the srm12x above are a great compromise between vintage and modern and will be a better investment.

Edited by graham67

Posted (edited)
Thanks for the reply.
The main system with jbl will not have any changes but the other one if I want to alternate spendor bc3 with tannoy, for example, although I would very much like to try Rogers studio 2.
I have always always read that the current tannoy are not as good as their veterans, which is why my fear of buying glenair.Is the only model (15) that could occupy my space.
Edited by alpina