Audio Al

WW 2014 show my report

Well what a weekend

Arrived at about 14.30 and was met by Basil ( Barry ) who kindly offered to assist with all the unloading , A big bonus was the offer of additional help offered by Simon , BIG thanks both of you.

Was not able to set up until Sunday morning due to a double bed being in the room
17428.gif

Oh hang on I needed that to fall into at 01.30 when returning from the bar
food-smiley-005.gif

Started the day with the intentions of 3 slightly different systems running through the day

I answered a call for help and loaned out my Quad 63 so was down to two systems

I used my Quad 11 amps that were very kindly checked out by Valvebloke and given a clean bill of health, fitted the new set of valves and was good to go , along with the Quad 57's , Croft pre and Arkless Turbo 640p

At 2pm I changed the system

Ram 400's , Arkless turbo 640p , Albarry AP4 and the big Sony power amp

From 10am through till around 3.45 my room was rammed with standing room only most of the time

I was pleased with the positive comments from some visitors , makes it all worthwhile.

Good to meet up briefly with some forum users as well , Grommet, take5,Basil,Simon,Radical, apologies to those I have not mentioned

At about 4pm it had quietened down so decided to call it a day pack up and head for home before the 5pm mad rush

Arrived home at 20.10

Tarzan helped me too load and unload the van ( Thanks mate )

Thanks to everyone who called into my room ( room 36 ground floor ) , I hope you enjoyed the systems

Had a lot of interest in the Techy TT ( what had been done to it )

and the Ram 400's most people had never heard or seen them before

I will be going again next year NOT AS A EXHIBITOR , I will be room hopping
biggrin.gif

Cheers everyone
food-smiley-005.gif

Al

Sorry I couldn't stop to listen longer as I was exhibiting too Al, but thanks for your info on Techy modding, appreciated.

Sorry I couldn't stop to listen longer as I was exhibiting too Al, but thanks for your info on Techy modding, appreciated.

:^;-)

Any show-report photo's of your audio set-up Al ??

(pete)

Hi Pete

I was inundated with visitors all day and was so engrossed in playing music and chatting that I completely forgot about taking any photos , Doh !

I was using your old now my pride and joy 57's , many favorable comments

Lots of visitors were taking photos , maybe someone has some

Cheers

Allen

Hi Allen

I thought your room sounded just fantastic, given a decent source (which your 'Grandfathers Axe' Technics evidently is, I never fail to be impressed with the modernity and sheer seemlesness of the original ESL 57, the Quad II's suit them so well (fancy that . .) The great thing was that they were not overdriving the room, so the system just sang out and was a real high point of the show for me. Thanks so much for taking it all.

I came back for the Ram's in the afternoon too, and although they obviously went lower, and higher, than the ESL's, they managed to sound like Hi-Fi in a way that really good Hi-Fi manages not to.

Congratulations and thanks. Gary

Hi Allen

I thought your room sounded just fantastic, given a decent source (which your 'Grandfathers Axe' Technics evidently is, I never fail to be impressed with the modernity and sheer seemlesness of the original ESL 57, the Quad II's suit them so well (fancy that . .) The great thing was that they were not overdriving the room, so the system just sang out and was a real high point of the show for me. Thanks so much for taking it all.

I came back for the Ram's in the afternoon too, and although they obviously went lower, and higher, than the ESL's, they managed to sound like Hi-Fi in a way that really good Hi-Fi manages not to.

Congratulations and thanks. Gary

Hi Gary

Thanks for you comments on my systems

I like early audio equipment all of my equipment is old classic items made in a day when things were built to a standard and not a price , designed by engineers and not accountants

I don't own anything new , from the mid 1980's onward when we lost wooden cased amps / tuners / 8 track / R2R's Alloy front panels and knobs / switches etc my interest is gone upon the arival of plastic

I like yourself just love the real honest sound that classic HiFi produces , always have always will

Regarding the Ram 400's its taken me 4 years to track down a pair

I am glad you enjoyed it and once again thanks for your comments

Regards

Allen