rjs

Nice pies, in fact it was all good

Just a note of thanks both to the organisers and also to the very many visitors who often engaged with me, asking questions, taking time to listen and commenting on the room. The level of interaction was a pleasant surprise and really appreciated.

As this was my first Scalford I wasn't sure what to expect, but both Angie and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The only sad thing was that we really didn't get out much on the big day, so missed most of the other exhibitors rooms :doh:. Thanks to hifinutt Phil for minding the room for a bit whilst we had a wander about.

Ta

Robert

Ps Sorry for the slight bass boom, I'll actually spend some time tuning the speaker positioning for the room next time ;-).

• Upvote 1

Well done Rob, great to see some first time exhibitors at Scalford and even better that you enjoyed the experience. It's a lot of effort but well worth it IMO. Your kit sounded great mate and yes the rooms can prove challenging but you live and learn - that's what it's all about.

Ps Sorry for the slight bass boom, I'll actually spend some time tuning the speaker positioning for the room next time ;-).

Hi Robert,

was nice to meet you and force some Billy Joel through your system :-) Its very much luck of the draw at Scalford whether your system gels in the room or not, and it can vary with which chair you are sat in as to whether a system is light, heavy or just right. I got used to the sound after a while (which was why I tried to stay in the rooms a little longer this year) but it did mean I didn't hear your system at it's best. That said, it was obviously very capable with plenty of speed and the speakers were different to most (including my big-brown-box Tannoys) in appearance. Good on you for putting your system on show for us all to hear !

Paul

Yes big thanks to Jim for doing the pies yet again. I think it came to over £700 this year that he had to pony up before getting it back.

Thanks Paul,

Hey I have to be honest the Billy Joel stuff sounded really good to me; actually was a bit spine-tingling at times. I think you have converted me :D. I played those tracks a few times after you left so I don't think I'm alone there.

I am familiar with (and enjoy) the Tannoy "sound" too, so yes I can understand how different my horns must sound. If you are ever in the Midlands drop me a line and I'd be happy to spend a few hours listening to some more Billy Joel in a slightly better acoustic environment.

Cheers

Robert

Hi Robert,

was nice to meet you and force some Billy Joel through your system :-) Its very much luck of the draw at Scalford whether your system gels in the room or not, and it can vary with which chair you are sat in as to whether a system is light, heavy or just right. I got used to the sound after a while (which was why I tried to stay in the rooms a little longer this year) but it did mean I didn't hear your system at it's best. That said, it was obviously very capable with plenty of speed and the speakers were different to most (including my big-brown-box Tannoys) in appearance. Good on you for putting your system on show for us all to hear !

Paul

Yes big thanks to Jim for doing the pies yet again. I think it came to over £700 this year that he had to pony up before getting it back.

Shouldn't that be 700lb :D

Super Wammer

Cheers, JIm.

Mrs k and I had the pie for dinner tonight with some of that very fine chutney and a salad. Trying to watch my weight, of course.....

k

I think the pies this year were the best we've had, and the chutney was wonderful. I finished the second pie today, and have enough chutney for a few more days. Thanks to Jim for finding them.

S

Absolutely.

We polished off the last tonight and I have to say it was absolutely wonderful.

I shall have to try and find a prospective client in Melton Mowbray I fear...

I have just devoured the second pie this evening much to my significant others annoyance. She is complaining that she only had a couple of pieces. In truth I was getting in quick as there was no chance of it making it through tomorrow. They were utterly delicious and I have looked on Nelson's site to see if mail order can be arranged.

May have to host another pie bake-off next year, just to confirm that Nelsons are maintaining their standards :whistle: