Paul55

The end of the beginning

Super Wammer

Looking good, cannot wait to hear them

Super Wammer

Ooh, nice, will find my way there at some stage, that room's going to be busy by the looks of this thread.

Entry by timed ticket ?!!

k

Sorry, the amps are a pair of nCore kit builds. OTOH I think the oomph these provide is quite important in this application.

We shall see...

Paul

A recording engineer that I know that uses 57s suggested that using powerful and very responsive amps would really make the 57s work. A bit of research led me to the nCores, which is all part of the big experiment.

Are they just a stacked ESL 57 or the destination is Mark Levinsons's H.Q.D.? I can't see Hartley woofer and Decca ribbon. will definitely pay a visit tomorrow

Just stacked 57s.

We have moved from room 77 to room 43 due to someone else having been booked in to 77 overnight. Also the time required to set the system up in 77 of the morning of the show was not practical whilst room 43 was available to do so (PaulR and PaulO staying overnight and had booked a twin room to sleep in, for which 43 was allocated) on the Saturday.

All up and running this afternoon but some room tuning and speaker positioning to do on Sunday morning.

I cannot wait to see this - serious kudos to you.