Sign in to follow this  
Guest batman

kaiser chiefs ...kin hate em i do

Guest batman

purplepleaser wrote:

The Kaiser's Babyshambles,Killers and the rest are the reason vinyl is on the up(big time). I have no vinyl but hope to have soon. More the better. It will be interesting when the winner of that ITV shit puts out the first release ,will in be on vinyl.Do not think so.

I think that repect should be given to the Chiefs etc for bringing vinyl back to the younger music buying generation. May just keep our :geek:hobby/obsession going for another ten years.

In my opinion

Lee

with all due respect pp, how are these tossers responsible and more importantly whats the point in owning vinyl if all thats on it is this dross

Guest purplepleaser

They are responsible.The figures show that. It's not Will young or the like is it.

Its good that the Kaiser Chiefs are about or the likes of pop idiots would be the norm.

Yes they Chiefs are not the best band in the world but a least they have character and not told what to do/say. This has got to be good for the music business.

I have not been to any festivals but what i'v seen on telly they have a stage presence and get a crowd going.

Yes people think that its is rubbish but you are not forced to listen to them or next buy the ablums on any format.

Remember it is Pop Idiol and the other shows that are destroying the music business so thank god for the bands like the kaiser Chiefs for doing something they believe in and are not processed shit making rich people richer.

Sorry if you disagree.

Lee

batman wrote:

chezi61 wrote:

YEZ IR TELT. ;)

You lot really do need to get off yez arses and get to Festivals , the Kaisers are exeptionally good live. As are Maximo Park .

chezi.

nah bollox... you really need to sit in comfy armchair more with a few drinks and toilet that doesnt stink of 1000 other mens piss and shit

Do this about everyday in life and BTW toilets at T in the Park were very clean this year. I KID YOU NOT.

chezi. giggin is good ,Festivals are mind altering.:djermaica:

purplepleaser wrote:

They are responsible.The figures show that. It's not Will young or the like is it.

Its good that the Kaiser Chiefs are about or the likes of pop idiots would be the norm.

Yes they Chiefs are not the best band in the world but a least they have character and not told what to do/say. This has got to be good for the music business.

I have not been to any festivals but what i'v seen on telly they have a stage presence and get a crowd going.

Yes people think that its is rubbish but you are not forced to listen to them or next buy the ablums on any format.

Remember it is Pop Idiol and the other shows that are destroying the music business so thank god for the bands like the kaiser Chiefs for doing something they believe in and are not processed shit making rich people richer.

Sorry if you disagree.

Lee

Exactly , people will appreciate the music a couple of years down the line , not when it happens , shite TV shows Pap Idiot and XXX Factor should be banned. Fuckin Muck.

chezi.

Guest batman

i reckon the kaisers et al , have a shelf life of the average muller fruit corner... and for the record you can add franz fuckin ferdinand into that camp .. i,ll give you the opening minute of" take me out" is a masterclass in intro,s but to make a career out it is taking the piss...

Guest purplepleaser

Agree on shelf life but the point is people are buying and thats what counts in the end.

Lee

Guest batman

PP , careful you don,t trip yourself up mate . on one hand you say programes like the X-idol promotecrap,yet have had huge sales with no discernable talent.. stand up please G4-will young...so are you saying sales are importantor credibilty ? another point made was the kaisers, have total control, yet i predict a riot was released at least twice which smacks of cashing in record company style...

sales = talent , i don,t think that equation works ..:D

Guest purplepleaser

I am not tripping myself up. For someone how hates the kaiser you seem to know a lot about them. The song was re-released for demand only.

You are missing the point of the Kaiser's, Franz etc these bands have set up in a bedroom then spent ages touring and playing in front of a few pissed up people been heckled and then been found by a record label. These band are igniting peoples interest in music again.Increasing vinyl sales and getting a foot in the charts.That is the talent and arn't they allowed to earn a few quid.

Pop programs on the telly are money making schemes.They are now about the presenters not the so called artists. You look at the figures for the show so many million watch it.If a guy can sing like a girl,or stutter (poor lad) or you can cry on cue you get further in the show.

Sales are all Simon Cowell is after.

Talent is what the kaiser Cheifs have ,you may not agree but thousands have. They did not que up for there five minutes of fame like the pop shit did.

If the Kaisers make a few quid all the better.

The likes of the Kaisers etc have more chance of keeping the record industry going long term that Simon Cowell.

Lee

Guest batman

purplepleaser wrote:

I am not tripping myself up. For someone how hates the kaiser you seem to know a lot about them. The song was re-released for demand only.

You are missing the point of the Kaiser's, Franz etc these bands have set up in a bedroom then spent ages touring and playing in front of a few pissed up people been heckled and then been found by a record label. These band are igniting peoples interest in music again.Increasing vinyl sales and getting a foot in the charts.That is the talent and arn't they allowed to earn a few quid.

Pop programs on the telly are money making schemes.They are now about the presenters not the so called artists. You look at the figures for the show so many million watch it.If a guy can sing like a girl,or stutter (poor lad) or you can cry on cue you get further in the show.

Talent is what the kaiser Cheifs have ,you may not agree but thousands have. They did not que up for there five minutes of fame like the pop shit did.

The likes of the Kaisers etc have more chance of keeping the record industry going long term that Simon Cowell.

Lee

knowledge is power my friend:nerd:... i think we,ll agree to disagree on the merits of this particular genre .. its been a pleasure pal:^

purplepleaser wrote:

I am not tripping myself up. For someone how hates the kaiser  you seem to know a lot about them. The song was re-released for demand only.

Pop programs on the telly are money making schemes.They are now about the presenters not the so called artists. You look at the figures for the show so many million watch it.If  a guy can sing like a girl,or stutter (poor lad) or you can cry on cue you get further in the show.

The likes of the Kaisers etc have more  chance of keeping the record industry going long term that Simon Cowell.

Lee

LOL, great thread... shame im just playing catch up :D

Im with Lee on this, you may not like them but they have been an undeniable hit as the festivals this summer.

Injector said if you hate a band/singer then seeing them live isnt going to help, and I'd agree most of the time.. James blunt was a sack of shit at glasto! but I was pretty neutral on the Kaisers until I heard them live. I could take em or leave them but the live performance made it for me.

Ive got into loads of stuff i wouldn't have normally touched off the back of a good live performance..

Cheers

Hawk

Guest batman

.. still cant see how seeing them live can make their attricious singles more bearable mind....;).. that modern way single is the only song i,ve had to turn the radio down for on 6 music... in a long while ..