JANDL100

Cancer Research UK charity sale at Scalford

Hi folks, in parallel with Robin's excellent raffle on behalf of a cancer support charity in memory of Roy 'oldfogey', I am holding a sale on behalf of the charity Cancer Research UK.

I will be donating many excellent CDs and LPs of my own (many, but not all, classical) as well as a fair few hifi accessories, but you are all invited to bring along items for sale on the day as well. :^

The sale will beheld in the Simpson Room on the 1st floor (Phil 'The Count's room with his superb Snell A speakers and Viva amp).

There will be an adjacent Honesty Box and ALL money received will be donated to the charity.

So - you are invited to come along and buy stuff;

And - you are invited to bring stuff along to donate to the sale with a 'guide price' (I plan to bring a roll of Cancer Research UK sticky price labels) - e.g. CDs and LPs, hifi bits etc - nothing too large, please, unless you promise to take it away again if it doesn't sell!

If an item you donate hasn't sold by the end of the day (or by when you leave), feel free to take it away again!

Any goods not sold or claimed back by 5.30 2nd March will be sold by other means on behalf of the charity or otherwise disposed of.

Feel free to post here about any donated items you plan to bring along!

I will be donating for sale ...

- hifi accessories including turntable accessories (LP weights, some fancy LP mats, cartridge alignment gauge)

- speaker and interconnect and other cables (no, some good stuff, not just cheap tat! ;-)), an audiophile CD mat or two.

- lots of CDs and LPs (many, but not all, classical)

- other stuff

Payment options --- cash! - cheque (payable to Cancer Research UK) - PayPal to me at JANDL100 @ HOTMAIL.COM, IOU (yes, I trust you! - but leave an IOU note with details :))

N.B. 1 - this has been given the nod by James - "go for it" he said - and also the thumbs up by Robin. :)

N.B. 2 - I've been planning on doing this since last year, but when Robin's raffle was announced I decided to delay any promotion to ensure it didn't conflict with the raffle (which now seems to be very well sorted. :^).

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Good luck with the sale Jerry, I have a pair of 8" audax drivers in their boxes for you to sell :^

Thanks Robin, I'll be happy to add these to the sale. :^

- let me know a sensibly cheap price for them on the day.

Some of the hifi accessories that will be available for sale ....

DSCF9609.jpg

Including a Resomat LP mat, LP weight, Shure scales, geometry gauge, copper foil speaker cables, LP cleaner, a couple of audiophile CD mats and a small remote controlled DVD player. :)

I have a (untested) Quad valve tuner, stereo decoder & home brew psu I shall bring along for this.

:shock:

Are you serious?

Neither I nor the charity would wish to take responsibility for a possible death trap like this!

Sell it privately and donate the money if you wish. :^

But thanks for the thought. :)

I know its not audio but I have a sky HD ox I could bring along

That's more like it! :D

Thank you - price it up, labels will be available. :^

I know its not audio but I have a sky HD ox I could bring along

I've heard they're not as good as a Freesat bison - is this true?

I'll throw in a Myst FM tuner.

It's the one matching the collectable little TMA3 amp.

Just a thought but perhaps prices could be 'ONO' to ensure everything sells on the day?

I've heard they're not as good as a Freesat bison - is this true?

No he was having a giraffe.

I'll throw in a Myst FM tuner.

It's the one matching the collectable little TMA3 amp.

Just a thought but perhaps prices could be 'ONO' to ensure everything sells on the day?

:^

This may sound naïve, but I don't intend to have the sale manned permanently, just a couple of 'honesty boxes'.

There will be a notice specifying that all prices will be ONO at the discretion of the buyer.

Buyers will also be encouraged to improve on the prices specified if they feel like doing so - all monies to go to the charity. :)