hifinutt

Bel canto thread

having just sold my vibe/pulse , I can concur that his stuff is marvellous . I did have the pre 3 once and it is excellent but not much can touch the vibe , especially now you can get an upgrade

the vbs does make a huge difference to the pre 3

I had a Evo4 power amp for quite a while, used bridged for stereo - seriously good for driving full range Martin Logan CLS2z stats, which are a very demanding load. :^ Power by the bucketload, nicely transparent and just a tad warm and laid back, which suited the MLs.

Have any BC DAC users got the Ulink in their set up? If yes could you tell me what differences it brought to the sound, if any? Cheers

If you go on the Cyrus forum (cyrusunofficial) and search ulink , you will find a few positive thoughts about the u link

May seem strange to go on a Cyrus forum but many use bc as similar form and natural upgrade

On another BC topic. I remain extremely impressed with my battery powered bel canto fm 1 tuner. The sound is very spacious and natural. Sometimes exceeding CD quality on some things .shame they stopped making them

Having owned may amps, I must say I am very impressed with my ref-1000m mono-blocks.

Who would have known there was so much power and grace hidden away,in such small mono-blocks, my Roger's studio 2's suck it up, and deliver excellent results.

The Bel-Canto phono 1 is another little gem, a very revealing phono-stage.

yes I had the basic ref 1000 and they were excellent then got a modded pair by coherent and he managed to squeeze a load more performance out of them . wonder if old fogeys son ever managed to sell those bargain modded ref 1000 ?

I'm very pleased with my Bel Canto amp. Transparent with a wide/deep soundstage and plenty of power to drive my current-hungry Ushers. :^

Am the proud owner of a Bel Canto s300 i/u integrated amplifier. Over the years I have gotten to know Bel Canto's founder and CEO - John Stronczer in the States and it is after having met with him in New York City at Stereo Exchange that I went ahead and purchased the s300. Little did I know at the time that it would be the last piece of gear they would make which would auto-switch voltages and as I travel a fair bit, I am able to take it wherever I go. It packs up nicely in my carry-on bag and all I need is a country specific power cord/mains lead and am in business.

The s300 does everything that's asked of it. Remote controls just about everything and I could not be happier. I just might have to order another one, just in case :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=14346&stc=1

frontzoom.jpg.f3cd1fb94e98f2adbc93d47e46

frontzoom.jpg.730cb7de0a1d507ce9c3249d02

fantastic . next time you meet john , please convey my thanks for many years of pleasure from bc products

having had remotes from a number of companies some costing many times as much as bc , I really rate their remote

also fm radio never sounded as good as through their fm tuner

so glad you can enjoy a portable amp which is still excellent sonically

I had a CD-1 (which was fantastic) and now a CD-3t and DAC3, the combination of which beats the CD-1 hands down.

It is revealing, and through a valve amp, slightly warm which is to my liking.

Not looked for a DAC 3.5vb, but is it worth an upgrade in future?

I have owned a Bel Canto 3.5vb & vbs, as breathed upon by Tony at Coherent, for about three years. It replaced a Naim nDac & TP XPS, which was very good but went as the BC offered some functionality I wanted.

As time went on I became rather dissatisfied with it. I felt that although it was certainly enjoyable I wasn't getting the best from it.

A few months ago I bought a Sonore microRendu (mR), this added some detail, but I felt that it wasn't working as well as I felt it should. Although the mR was better than my Naim NS01 the music had more of an edge than I enjoy, mainly with Rock & Pop at 16/44.1.

For the last two months I have done a lot of work on power, network isolation and, finally, grounding ....perhaps, in any event I placed a Isolation Transformer between the BC DAC and my pre-amp (XLR). This has given me a significant uplift, removing the edge I wasn't enjoying.

I only tried the isolator due to a comment in a post on Computer Audiophile where the poster mentioned it en-passent, but described the issue it helped resolve. Isn't the internet wonderful!

I had been toying with moving on to another DAC, looking at R2R. Now I am very happy to stick. I have never had such good digital music at home.

The moral for me is that spending time and effort on system tuning can help you get the best from what you already own. My good opinion of the BC3.5vb just went up a few more notches.

M

fabulous , I am still enjoying mine but I think the vbl psu might be a good upgrade and the 3.7 as well but can`t afford it now . the sound is very good on the 3.5 though and it has so many inputs which are so usefull