The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

rabski

Check your details please (show guide)

Expect me in your room Serge.

DSOTM I heard live at Knebworth in quad, and unless you're providing unusual substances and have the ability to turn the clock back nearly 40 years, you won't be able to compete. However, whilst Tubular Bells in quadraphonic is probably some people's idea of hell, it is my idea of heaven. I am seriously looking forward to hearing that. You may yet change my mind :)

Oh yes indeedy, I wasn't sure about visiting, having also missed the last couple of years, but this could be well worth investigating.

I last recall hearing a proper quad-sound system back in the 70s, owned by a wealthy friend of the family, so hopefully the clock will turn back.

Hi Richard,

Syndicate room 17, could you please remove the references to the Pye amp and the lenco turntable, i'm afraid they won't make the trip this time.

Thanks very much for doing this,

Cheers, Clive

Hi Richard,

Avole is no longer exhibiting. It's now Stefan from pfm. He has a DIY system.

Ta

Jp

Guest BD Audio
I don't think ours is right. Needs update...

If you're still ok to host it add in my (privately owned) Audiograil 301 Pearl. :^

I like what Rabski wrote about room 77. It's all going to be a bit just-in-time, so I cannot really commit to nCore amps, foobar2000 and an MDac. And the second pair of ELS57 and the necessary framework are still a bit ephemeral. There's some wood in the shed though.

Looking forward to it though.

Paul

Audio Al room 36 list will be ( I Hope )

Highly modified 1210MK2 , Mike New bearing and ETP platter , Timestep HE external power supply , Origin Live Encounter MK3c arm and a Shelter 5000 cartridge

Croft 25 Basic

Quad 11 amps

ESL 57 's

ESL 63 's

RAM 200's

Akai 8 track player

Tascam R2R

Maybe a cassette player as well

Hi new member here, I normally hang out on PFM. James posted over there for extra exhibitors and I am going to be in room 46 which I don't see on the programme. Maybe it's to late now but my system is a DIY job.

Front end

PC/laptop

Waveio async USB to i2s board

Minidsp SHARC board (active linear phase FIR time aligned crossover with DSP)

2x buffalo 2 DACs with capless legato output stage

All above powered with salad shunt regulators.

Amps

4 x Hypex ucd 400 hg hxr

Speakers

DIY 2 way floorstanders with some of the best scanspeak drivers.

See you all there on Saturday night.

Stefan

Room 84. AndrewR is unable to attend so it will just be me and my gear:

Rega Apollo R into Lakewest MDAC L3

Tube Distinctions Grounded Grid pre

Upgraded Tube Distinctions Copper amp

Tannoy Turnberry SE.

Thanks everyone :(

Will be working on all the changes today, so I'll get revised versions up later.

Here are my slightly edited words Richard,

Room 83 - An Excellent System and an Excellent Service! - Exhibitor: Valvebloke

Quad CDP2 and Rega Planar/RB300 sources, Quad IIs and other valve amps, Yamaha NS1000s and

JR-149s. PLUS Valvebloke's recently launched valve amp repair/refurb service. Don't Miss.

I think this just squeezes into 90 chars per line but let me know if it's too long.

And thanks so much for doing it !

VB

The Vosne-Romanee preamp is now Giscours.

Revised pdfs now available ladies and gents.

FRONT

NOT FRONT

Sorry, but they're big files. Don't even bother trying on mobiles. Can't be helped I'm afraid. They will take a short while to download. Please ignore uneven font sizes and weights, as these result from compressing the files.

As before, I think I've made all the changes, though I've had to cut some down due to space requirements.

These copies don't include any images or adverts, just to cut down the file size...

Not quite Last Chance Saloon, but I've got a pile of work coming in at the moment, so any changes would be best done now, or they will likely get stiffed :P