jtt1888

Gauder (isophon) Loudspeakers

Hello folks

I'm giving some serious consideration to taking a punt on a pair of Gauder Arcona 80 speakers. These are German made and were previously known as Isophon. Here's the link

http://www.gauderakustik.com/en/arcona-80en

A demo isn't an option for me as their aren't any stockists in the UK.

Aesthetically and specification wise, they tick all my boxes.

Have any of you guys come across Gauder Akustics or Isophon speakers and if so do you have any comments, positive or otherwise.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

I reviewed the Cassianos in Hi-Fi World a few years back, which are a couple of models higher up in the range, and absolutely loved them - their combination of clarity, imaging and sheer punch was right up my street. They had the ceramic drivers but also the higher specification diamond tweeter. Beautifully built as well, although something of a vicious load to drive.

I have yet to hear a bad speaker designed by Dr. Gauder so I'd say the Arconas are a pretty safe bet if you like the house sound - I notice they also have an AMT tweeter, which is generally no bad thing either.

Hello Jim, I have recently visited Gauder Akustik in Germany with a view to becoming the UK distributor, so may be able to help you with this. The speakers are excellent, beautifully built, modern and innovative. Very dynamic, detailed but very natural sound.

Hello folks

I'm giving some serious consideration to taking a punt on a pair of Gauder Arcona 80 speakers. These are German made and were previously known as Isophon. Here's the link

http://www.gauderakustik.com/en/arcona-80en

A demo isn't an option for me as their aren't any stockists in the UK.

Aesthetically and specification wise, they tick all my boxes.

Have any of you guys come across Gauder Akustics or Isophon speakers and if so do you have any comments, positive or otherwise.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

I'd add to the general Gauder love-in. We had a pair of Isophons in for review, but the company changed its name before the review came out and we decided to wait for the dust to settle. I've got to say they are pretty excellent. They have a largely underserved reputation to be a little hard to drive (often because they are partnered with the big AVM amps), but your Tucana shouldn't have any problems at all.

I know people like Roger from RCM in Poland (the distributor for Gauder - among others - in Poland, and the maker of two of the best phono stages you can buy, IMO) often demonstrates Gauder with his 16W integrated valve amp, and says he gets a lovely sound from the pairing. "Well, he would, wouldn't he?" goes the cynical voice, but he seems to have a good pair of ears on him (no-one who distributes a portfolio like his - SME, Dynavector, CEC, Kuzma, Vitus – does so without knowing good sound from bad), so he wouldn't risk making a bad sound on purely ideological reasons.

I am reasonably sure there will be a UK agent/distributor for Gauder in short order.

Thanks for all the positive comments gents, very informative.

There are several reviews across the net but mostly in their native German and google translate can struggle at times.

I will have a better idea of the imported price later today and will weigh this up against ART Deco's im also considering.

Thanks again folks, much appreciated.

Brochure with models and specs can be found here:

http://www.gauderakustik.com/pdf/Gesamtuebersicht_2013_E_online.pdf

German version contains starting prices in €:

http://www.gauderakustik.com/pdf/Gesamtuebersicht_2013_D_online.pdf

If there's a review you'd really like to have translated, I might be able to help a bit (I'm not native German speaking though).