rockmeister

Kit list

14 hours ago, Bolts said:

Should be a good combo that - the video is supposed to be very good if that matters to you. Be interested to get your views on the AF for faster moving things, I’ve stuck with DSLR Nikons because I’m not convinced the mirrorless are quite there yet. Sony AF clearly is, as @unintended1 demonstrates in the Twitter thread hereabouts, but they’re not my cup-of-tea (technical term).

I had a Leica 180 Telyt-R and 2x APO, an optically very high quality system to 360mm focal length, manual focus and on a Leica M10 without any image stabilisation, pretty perfect for safari where most things are bone idle and are either static or slowly wandering around. It was no good for whales at Husavik in Northern Iceland. Anyway, I sold it back to the guy I bought it from as he wanted it back after a few years. I've got whales coming up again next year and wanted to help my son out with a digital body. This one was £1450 including a mount adapter (normally £260), whereas the Sony AR7 III was £2,100. The touchscreen menu system on the Z6 is magnificent, I just need a week to learn how it works. There last DSLR I had was a Canon 350D, about 2006 or 2007.