Pierre The Bear

Had to put my best buddy to sleep today.

we got a greyhound nearly 18 months ago and she was in a terrible state. 6 years of hell looking at her and although she is now just a little spoilt , we can never give her that part of her life back ,so i always think dogs that have always been really well cared for is a great thing for the dog and the owners (not that they shouldn't be well cared for of course). It is an awful thing to have to do. looking at the pictures that was one happy pouch . Thinking of you fella :(

Doing the right thing can be a tough call, but take comfort in the fact that you did do the right thing for your best mate and your family. You could give Jake the dignity at the end of his life that many humans are denied, take strength from that.

Sorry to hear of your loss I keep chickens and its the same with me I get really attached to the characters of the flock. I had one called Mrytle (my avatar) she would come and sit on your lap and have a cuddle or on your shoulder even on the sofa with us from time to time. My wife thinks I'm a soppy sod but thats how I am. I hope the pain will subside and be replaced by the great memories you have of jake soon.

Super Wammer

Sometimes we need to pay for these sorts of things.

We/they remember/ed the good times.

That is shit news mate :(

Will take mine for a long run in your honor this weekend

Ah mate I feel for ya. Over the years I have lost so many of my friends and every time I swear I'll never have another dog and yet I always do. Hard though it is you have absolutely done the right thing.

beautiful dog..terribly sad to read he went before his time :( that picture of him with the football is one to cherish, lovely image :^