Sign in to follow this  

James Blunt

Who's got this slow burner then. Heard it in a mates car the other day. While i quite liked the musical arrangements i couldn't quite make my mind up whether i liked his voice or not. Bit too nasally in parts methinks and Tom McRae does it better IMHO.

Duvet wrote:

Who's got this slow burner then. Heard it in a mates car the other day. While i quite liked the musical arrangements i couldn't quite make my mind up whether i liked his voice or not. Bit too nasally in parts methinks and Tom McRae does it better IMHO.

Not heard it yet. It does seem to be getting a lot of press though.

Tonight I have been overhearing Big Brother.:x

I think the missus has had a brain bypass. I can't watch BB without being overcome with homicdal tendencies. Mind you on MTV last night they were trying to find the new singer for INXS .:DSome of the people trying out ( mostly septics) nearly had me wetting myself. One of the funniest things i've seen in a long time

I have had the CD for a couple of months and personally I don’t think its to bad, it has a couple of excellent tracks on it IMHO but there are also a few fillers.

Altogether not a bad debut for a British Army Tank Commander :dude:

Its the singng style i think to be honest. As said before musically its fine but that voice starts to grate on me

Duvet wrote:

Its the singng style i think to be honest. As said before musically its fine but that voice starts to grate on me

I think you hit the nail on the head! when he whinned 'how are my glastonbury darlings' i immediately felt not drunk enough to listen to anymore!

At the end of the day its horses for courses, and based on his sucess he has plenty of appeal, just not for me..

Hawk

I had my wife's car for the day last weekend, my 7 year old daughtersaid "don't bother turning the CD on Daddy, Mummy has got James Blunt in at the moment."

I have heard it a couple of times before and had to agree with her.

Brown Bottle wrote:

I had my wife's car for the day last weekend, my 7 year old daughter said "don't bother turning the CD on Daddy, Mummy has got James Blunt in at the moment. "

I have heard it a couple of times before and had to agree with her.

Your daughter has taste! I only hope my little one goes the same way!