adsa

Ripserver Nexus

Hi Folks

I have been kindly given as a present a Ripserver Nexus All in one ripper. Stick a CD in it and it RIPS, turns it into FLAC or MP3, then stores it on the Hard Disk inside :) If that aint good enough it has a Squeezebox server built in. So my duet picks up and hey presto off you go.

Now! They went bust in 2008 :( Before then they had some software updates. I am looking for those, and wonder if anybody has a copy fo the updates? If so could you PM me so I can get a copy from you?

Cheers

Adam

I have one of these I'm playing with (a friend has a few new in boxes he's selling if anyone wants one) Best bet is to install vortexbox onto it, as many have done with success. Makes it a really great little fanless PC/ network music device/ one shot CD ripper then and Vortex box is fully supported still!

Hi Folks

I have been kindly given as a present a Ripserver Nexus All in one ripper. Stick a CD in it and it RIPS, turns it into FLAC or MP3, then stores it on the Hard Disk inside :) If that aint good enough it has a Squeezebox server built in. So my duet picks up and hey presto off you go.

Now! They went bust in 2008 :( Before then they had some software updates. I am looking for those, and wonder if anybody has a copy fo the updates? If so could you PM me so I can get a copy from you?

Cheers

Adam

This any help? (scroll down the page for the software) I don't know if the links are still active, good luck:^

http://www.mfdigital.com/techsupport.html

atb.

Ronnie.

Hi Ronnie

I contacted them and they dont support or know anything about them. That end is dead. I am looking closer at the Vortex box solutions because Squeezecentre is ancient and decrepid. Still I have yet to hear a better music server, which is why I am cautious. If I test out Vortexbox and it is as good then the ISO disk will be getting rid of the old CENTOS based OS.

cheers