JBCobra

Charcoal Grilling, Smoking and baking on the grill?

I'd keep it to a minimum with this type of food, as charcoal grilling gives off nitropyrenes which are carcinogenic. That's why you tend to find the aussies have high rates of cancer from all their Barbies. But in all reality would probably be hard to overdo bbqs in the uk.

4 hours ago, Pmcman said:

I'd keep it to a minimum with this type of food, as charcoal grilling gives off nitropyrenes which are carcinogenic. That's why you tend to find the aussies have high rates of cancer from all their Barbies. But in all reality would probably be hard to overdo bbqs in the uk.

Agreed. To be enjoyed in moderation.

Wot?! Nobody grilling? 

I need to put a nice Christmas and NY menu together (a nice foodie couple is visiting us) and something charcoal grilled and smoked must feature in in it I think.

Edited by AlmaAtaKZ
  • Upvote 1

not sure where the OP is, but the season is right to resurrect the thread.

what are we grilling this week end?

Brisket from the Traeger pellet smoker - If this vid doesn't make your mouth water then there is something wrong with you ;-)

Other recent cooks ..... 2018 Outdoor Cooking - A gallery of mixed success and failure.

Edited by Dave Brown

As a chef, it is really important to me to cook my meat properly. Many of my friends that own a restaurant tell me to buy already cooked burgers and just microwave them, but that's bs. I once stumbled upon an article and it was about smoker grills. Just  Click over here now  and read it ASAP. To be honest, It helped me to understand which grill I really needed.