JBCobra

Charcoal Grilling, Smoking and baking on the grill?

I've tried a couple of the classics on my Weber JB, - Beer Can Chicken and smoked baby ribs. Both were absolutely delicious

We are a long way behind you guys though. We just don't get enough good weather, so most of the time it's a mad rush to the butchers for some sausages, burgers and kofta.

Generally can't be arsed with bbq's, just drink beer and eat crisps, less chance of food poisoning. But, when the madness takes me I quite like a bit of fish, or quality bangers and burgers from a good butcher. Keep it simple I reckon.

Grilling in a snow storm is fun....but maybe I am a nutter?!?:nuts:

I've tried a couple of the classics on my Weber JB, - Beer Can Chicken and smoked baby ribs. Both were absolutely delicious

We are a long way behind you guys though. We just don't get enough good weather, so most of the time it's a mad rush to the butchers for some sausages, burgers and kofta.

The Wam BBQ special is Chicken a la Dana, which is black on the outside but raw in the middle ... :sick:

Grilling in a snow storm is fun....but maybe I am a nutter?!?:nuts:

Knowing full well how bad the weather can be here, and accepting that an Aussie (wherever he lives) HAS to BBQ stuff, I have rigged up a temporary lean-to that gives me some protection from the elements but the next step is to build something permanent. I have 2 Barbies. One charcoal (Webber) and one is gas powered/volcanic rock with griddle and a rotisserie. Both quite small by Aussie standards but enough for a meal for 8+.

A smoker is on my list of things to do. With my contacts in the brewing business, I'm sourcing a keg as the basic "oven" then piping it to a smoke box. It's not urgent but depends on when I can get a barrel that isn't listed on Keg Watch.

Depending on how my latest financial plans go, I may be building a garden room that will have an external all-year cooking (BBQ, pizza oven, smoker) area, as well as an enlarged brewery.

• Upvote 1

Nothing crazy. I do enjoy making my own rubs and sauces though:^

Nicely marbled, well aged ribeye is my favourite. No need for any seasoning but salt and pepper on those bad boys. Grilled shrimp can be an orgasmic experience, lobster too:22: Grilled corn with a bit of char on it, omnomnomnom. Wood fired pizza is nice but I can't be arsed to make it myself, I'll go to a restaurant for that.

Knowing full well how bad the weather can be here, and accepting that an Aussie (wherever he lives) HAS to BBQ stuff, I have rigged up a temporary lean-to that gives me some protection from the elements but the next step is to build something permanent. I have 2 Barbies. One charcoal (Webber) and one is gas powered/volcanic rock with griddle and a rotisserie. Both quite small by Aussie standards but enough for a meal for 8+.

A smoker is on my list of things to do. With my contacts in the brewing business, I'm sourcing a keg as the basic "oven" then piping it to a smoke box. It's not urgent but depends on when I can get a barrel that isn't listed on Keg Watch.

Depending on how my latest financial plans go, I may be building a garden room that will have an external all-year cooking (BBQ, pizza oven, smoker) area, as well as an enlarged brewery.

Do you cook bufallo on the volcanic rock one?

Love BBQs! Awesome way to go on a diet. Here's a local recipe (kiopoolu):

Once you finish with the main stuff, put some eggplant (make a few holes in it or it will explode), green and red peppers and ripe tomatoes on the grill. Grill slowly, don't forget to turn around. Peel the grilled veggies, chop (don't grind them - ruins the taste) them into small pieces . Add some crushed garlic (lots of), sea salt and olive and mix well. Sprinkle some chopped parsley on top and leave in the fridge for a few hours. Bingo!

Super Wammer

Mmmm... Barbecued lamb cutlets... Chicken wings... Sausages...