Sign in to follow this  
JamPal

Stereophonics - Sex, Violence, Other

I enjoyed a few of their singles and the last album had some real gems. Picked the latest one up today and having a listen now.

Anyone else like the Welsh Pop Rockers? I am always in two minds but am enjoying this Hook riddled Rock romp so far.

I am of a similar opinion to Hawk, I have three or four of their early albums which I rate highly but the last couple have done nothing for me, especially the latest :?

first two rocked IMO.

Just listened to the latest and 50% ok. 50% :Not Sure: Of the 50% ok, 20% :rockin:

not good enough really.

Recorded U2 live last night. Gonna fire up the noddy surround sound and have a blast of that in a mo.:force::rofl::bouncey::biffday::rockin::cafe::pint::whitter2::bounce::close::close:

hifiwigwam wrote:

Recorded U2 live last night. Gonna fire up the noddy surround sound and have a blast of that in a mo.:force::rofl::bouncey::biffday::rockin::cafe::pint::whitter2::bounce::close::close:

I bloody well missed it :cs::cs::cs:I only caught the last song. I was listening to some tunes sampling a few glasses of Chianti Classico :pint: and totally forgot about the concert.:(:doh:

From what other people have said it was quite good apart from Bono’s preaching. :(

Super Wammer

Bought one of their albums (the one with a green cover). Didn't really 'do it' for me.

BTW: Just listened to Steely Dan's Two Against Nature for the first time in ages. Never really got on with this album but it sounded pretty good on my new set up.

Funny how decent hifi can alter one's perception of a recording....

Jezzer wrote:

Bought one of their albums (the one with a green cover). Didn't really 'do it' for me.

BTW: Just listened to Steely Dan's Two Against Nature for the first time in ages. Never really got on with this album but it sounded pretty good on my new set up.

Funny how decent hifi can alter one's perception of a recording....

You have gone very Naim right?

I think that naim and that album are a match made in heaven Prat and musical timbre is all. Detail above all else in the studio etc. Sounds great on my naim CDP.

Chewie, I could run a copy mate. No snags. Pm me your address. Not the best copy, but you're welcome dude.

Super Wammer

I have gone very Naim Wiggers (cd5x, 112x, 150x, FC2x). So yes, timing and detail all brought to the fore on Two Against Nature. Very enjoyable. Listening to it again as I type. Lovely.

yep, it's a goodun. i am a Steely Dan fr4eak mate, got all the albume etc, That is a very goo done on decent prat kit. Must dig it out again. in fact when dsotm finishes.. :cool:

James,

Dan things - Have you heard this? http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007TKH8E/qid=1132528726/sr=8-13/ref=pd_ka_13/202-6938587-0147035

Interesting stuff from an American radio show.

Also saw the tribute band, Nearly Dan earlier this year - worth catching if they are in your area.

On the Stereophonics, I did some workwith Kelly Jones a couple of years ago. Very strange experience, put me off listening to them for ages. First two albums are great though.

I saw Nearly Dan at Glastonbury a couple of years ago. very good they were too. So what is the problem with kelly Jones. I don't read any celeb stuff, even in the music mags. Is he a bit of a dick head then?

Had to do some pictures with him (in a pub). He was really good to work with for the time we had - As wefinished up we were chatting awaywhen he suddenlywent all strange, askedme who I was and said I couldn't take any pics, I thought he was having a laugh but he wasn't.Iwasn't really bothered as I had done all my stuff but then one of his minders then gave me a bit of grief - did the whole hollywood bit trying to grab thecameras. Ithink they must have been takingsome sort ofinstant memory loss tablets- lucky the other minder was a bit more sensible and sorted it before it got ugly. All very strange. Heard later this sortof behaviour wasn't uncommon for him at the time.Probably had to be there but it was all a bit surreal.

What an odd fella. Some people get a bit of fame and think that gives them the right to be rude and offencive to people. :nup:

The first album is great and the second almost as good IMO. Mr Jones did seem to dissappear up his own arse but came across OK in a recent interview in Q.