Sign in to follow this  

Speakers again

802D_GRILLEOFF.jpg

Ok sorry to be a pest but still compiling a list here and replacing current speakers will not be a run of the mill affair. Anyone heard these in the flesh yet. Was going to ask Strabat( believe he demo'd some)but he seems to not post at the moment. Anyways praise or slate if you would please

heard many B&W speakers in the past Duvet?

I thought the 805's were boooring :nup:

I think they are a love/hate brand, as I've heard speakers from the 600, 700, and 800 ranges now, and none impressed. Some people love them though (iBug, Adam and many others) - so ask them. iBug seems particularly up on B&W speakers.

Yes, had a demo two weeks ago of the 804, 803 & 802's. Left me cold and wondering what the fuss was about. The 804's were a huge dissapointment, the 803's seemed far better. The 802's just didnt cut it for me at all. Sayin that, my mate loved 'em, but then he has the 805's so he's biased.

Guest earl of sodbury

Got a demo in a dealers in York (not Vickers the other one - snooty bunch) - on the end of some serious Naim- didn't "get" them at-all, sounded dull and uninvolving, but so much so that I assume there must have been something wrong in the room/setup, or I am a deaf tw@.

Actually that last is a given... :yeah:

Super Wammer

Yes I have heard a pair and was not suitably impressed.

A nice pair of Neat Ultimatums would be much better.

Regards

PB

Guest Effem

The B&W house sound is a love it or hate it thing in the extreme Danny and like the others aboveI was also grosslyunderwhelmed whenever I haveheard them.

I have heard them attached to a Meridian G02/G57/G08 combo and they were very nice indeed. But they are very heavy and not the best lookers as you can see.

I was unimpressed with the cheap and nasty grills and the veneer appeared to mark very easily.

Very nice but I would get the Dynaudio Confidence C2's

They must be worth a dem !!

They need some grunt, but your bootiful silver monos would drive em a treat. They must be biwired.

(I am a BW supporter, I do own N803's)

Some nice 802's on eBay at present (non diamond tweeter) - I have no connection with the seller whatsoever.

earl of sodbury wrote:

Got a demo in a dealers in York (not Vickers the other one - snooty bunch) - on the end of some serious Naim- didn't "get" them at-all, sounded dull and uninvolving, but so much so that I assume there must have been something wrong in the room/setup, or I am a deaf tw@.

Actually that last is a given... :yeah:

Twilight zone Earl. I heard some 800's a few years ago and it left me cold. Wanna guess what the amplification was. :lmao:

Not boring if partnered with Chapter audio kit though Duvet! While not the best in show for either of us and perhaps not the tune either of us would have chosen, that was some kick ass NON boring demo of said speakers.

I have a sneaking suspicion that those Advantages have the minerals to excite most speakers.

So broing? Not IMO. Are they fluid and musical though? That was something I couldn't get from them. Nor when i heard them at HiFi guys place.