My Shiny New Bit of Kit thread.....tell us what you've bought.

Hope you enjoy your new lens Richard. I'd make my usual comments about your GAS problem, but I also bought another lens last week. Despite owning the Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 I felt I "needed" the Panasonic 8-18mm F2.8-4 lens as well. The main selling feature to me is it can have filters attached which is great for my landscape shots. Also, noticed the G9 produces much nicer images imho with their own lenses than with the Olympus ones. When I used the G9 in London with the 12mm F1.4 last week I actually enjoyed using the camera. I've never got on with it from when I bought it until this week. Now I'm like a kid with a new toy!

• Like 1

Nice one, Rick - I've also read that Panasonic cameras tend to work better (or show their real potential) when using native glass. If I was going to go full-on M43 again, I"d be tempted by Panasonic over Olympus (although I do love the Oly stuff). That new PL 10-25 1.7 is supposed to be incredible. :^

• Upvote 1

My recently ordered Samyang 135/2 arrived this morning, waited for the rain to go off as such an awful wet dreadful day!

49049121216_8dc2f00987_b.jpgSamyang 135/2 by APM Photography, on Flickr

First shot with the Sammy 135/2, used an old Holga 120 camera I'd lying about upstairs for subject matter. I'm liking the bokeh.

49049277522_199428178f_b.jpgHolga 120 by APM Photography, on Flickr

XT2 | 135/2 | F5.6 | 1/30th | iso 200

Thought this might be a bit of fun...

51auVuCa-jL.jpg

Super Wammer
On 11/10/2019 at 13:37, horace said:

've really enjoyed getting to grips with my X-T2/18-55 2.8-4/27mm 2.8, but found myself yearning for a fast(ish) portrait lens and a medium telephoto.

I'm broke, so Fuji's options are off the table for now. Instead, I decided to go vintage manual focus, and picked up an Olympus F.Zuiko 50mm 1.8, the matching 135mm 3.5, a cheap OM/FX adapter and (because it's small, uses the original X-Trans sensor and was stupidly cheap) an X-M1.

Total cost for the body, lenses and adapter was a laughable £120. They should all be arriving today.

I have fond memories of the Zuiko 50mm, which lived on my old OM body, back in the day. I'm very curious to find out how it performs on a modern digital sensor. We'll see...

Martin how are you getting on with the Zuiko lenses, on the digital sensor? I have the same 2 lenses plus the 24mm, and have had mixed results with my OMD 5 and OMD 1.

On 19/11/2019 at 20:50, greybeard said:

Martin how are you getting on with the Zuiko lenses, on the digital sensor? I have the same 2 lenses plus the 24mm, and have had mixed results with my OMD 5 and OMD 1.

The only issue for me is focus - even with focus peaking, I'm getting far too many failures. Might just be a matter of practice, of course.

I'll persevere and see what happens.

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, horace said:

The only issue for me is focus - even with focus peaking, I'm getting far too many failures. Might just be a matter of practice, of course.

I'll persevere and see what happens.

Exactly the problem I encountered, I gave up using them for that reason, maybe I will give them another go.