Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

LAST MINUTE WAM HIFI SHOW AVAILABILITY - ONLY A FEW EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 5 SLEEP ONLY ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 3 BIG SYSTEM SPACES LEFT

My Shiny New Bit of Kit thread.....tell us what you've bought.

9 hours ago, HectorHughMunro said:

They’re unnecessarily large given the job they do.  Hopefully, they will design some proper mirrorless lenses. 

This is what I was hoping when news of Sigma's E-mount lenses came about, but there seems to be an obsession with wide-aperture heavyweights. Also, just adding flange distance rather than developing proper mirrorless glass makes them even larger.

Edited by Gromit

Bought? No.

A friend has been clearing out some stuff and contacted me regarding this Canonet which hasn't been used in a long time. Asking if I'd like it for nowt, I wasn't going to refuse. It came with the tele-converter lens in the photo, plus a wide, clip-on eye piece (for tele-wide framing) and original leather case in great shape.

Shutter speeds slower than 1/8th are way off but everything else seems fine. Just needed the rangefinder mirror re-setting and it works great. Pretty little thing:

45696592704_5d3227bf0c_b.jpgCanonet S by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

I've been without a camera for a few weeks , a Panasonic GX9 is on the sleigh I believe :)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Ok you'll like this .

So got the aforementioned GX9 for Xmas , was not happy with the AF MODE , the focus position was always in the bottom right hand corner , I had to centralise it manually then move it where I wanted it , kept going through the menu and resetting but it always went back to bottom right hand when I went to take a photo. Sat down today with it and read the instructions , ok that should do it , went to focus and there it was back in the right hand bottom corner . :/

You have already guessed whats going on no doubt , just thicko here hadn't.

So after practically giving up and deciding maybe I need to ask a few questions I grabbed the camera with my wrong hand and had a quick look through the evf , the AF point had moved to the other corner WTF ? :bulb: Bloody touch screen ! My nose was positioning the AF point :doh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

Barry - what on earth are you playing at? I dunno...blokes who don't RTFM? <rollseyes>

Admission: Took me nigh on a week to discover the same with my Pen F. I feel your pain, brother. :D

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 22/12/2018 at 15:28, Gromit said:

Bought? No.

A friend has been clearing out some stuff and contacted me regarding this Canonet which hasn't been used in a long time. Asking if I'd like it for nowt, I wasn't going to refuse. It came with the tele-converter lens in the photo, plus a wide, clip-on eye piece (for tele-wide framing) and original leather case in great shape.

Shutter speeds slower than 1/8th are way off but everything else seems fine. Just needed the rangefinder mirror re-setting and it works great. Pretty little thing:

45696592704_5d3227bf0c_b.jpgCanonet S by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Lovely things those Canonets’. About 15 years ago when I was in the market for a retro 35mm rangefinder I was looking at the slightly later Canonet QL17 and the Olympus 35RD. Not much in it spec wise so I got a Canon from eBay. Turned out to be junk (falsely advertised so sent it back) and found a  very clean Olympus instead. I haven’t used it in ages but it’s a lovely thing.  Looking forward to some images Richard. 

Edited by steve65
  • Like 1

So, I got one of these last night.....and shortly after finishing it I got an OM-D M1 mm II on ebay

Oops. Need to hope I can sell my mk I for a decent price

Had told myself I'd wait for the M5 iii but it was a very nice bottle of wine

994254.jpg

Edited by Craig
  • Haha 3

Nice one, Craig - you'll love the Mk2 :^

• Like 1

Been putting off buying one of these but found a nice & clean used one today. Sweet little lens:

71TyYsg7ljL._SX425_.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nothing to see here.

t2619.gif

Edited by jkbmusic
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, jkbmusic said:

Although it is now obsolete, I have not found anything that compares with sound quality for the price.

Where is the lens :pop:

• Haha 1

My bad :doh:, I did take a photo of it if that counts :whistle:.

Edited by jkbmusic
  • Haha 2

Went into Lincoln to see my good friends at LCE, to have a natter and also have a play with the Z6. I like Nikons, always have, and find their ergos/menus are well thought-out making the cameras good to use. No real intentions of buying one but, even though its IQ is stunning (and for that I'll forgive it most things) the ergos of the A7RII still don't gel with me hence the tentative interest in the Z6.

Also had a go with the A7III and 7RIII - in terms of ease of use, and proper sized thumbwheel and an AF joystick, it's a minor revelation after the RII. So, it was a toss-up between the III and RIII...the R won the day:

ASONYCM175310005_002.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gromit said:

Went into Lincoln to see my good friends at LCE, to have a natter and also have a play with the Z6. 

They must be sending a car for you by now surely :D

Nice one, it looks a beautiful camera and I’m sure we will see some great stuff with it from you Richard.

• Like 2

Thanks Les. :)

The RIII's an ex-dem - I had considered going 'grey' but got this one for not too much more, and it'll have full Sony UK warranty. I really liked the Nikon Z6 though, excellent in-hand feel and it has IBIS to which I'm a true convert. I really like the eye-AF on the Sony - it's quite effective on the RII but on the RIII it's uncanny how it tracks so well.

Also had a play with the EOS-R but whilst it felt ok, its spec is a generation out of date already imho.