Kegworth Show Information

The information for this year's show is now live at www.thehifishow.com or by clicking on the show banner below.

NON EXHIBITOR ROOMS NOW OPEN - Special Offer....Stay Saturday, join in all the build up excitement on Sat night and then gain FREE access to the show on Sunday

LAST MINUTE WAM HIFI SHOW AVAILABILITY - ONLY A FEW EXHIBITOR ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 5 SLEEP ONLY ROOMS LEFT - ONLY 3 BIG SYSTEM SPACES LEFT

My Shiny New Bit of Kit thread.....tell us what you've bought.

7 hours ago, Bolts said:

Leica Q time Tillman 😉

Thanks Ben, just looked it up on 'tinternet and it seemed ideal until I realised that it was a fixed lens camera, then I noticed the price!!.

Might be cheaper to get a new camera bag.

Oh yes, it is a bit spendy 😦 but it’s amazing what you can do with one lens, especially one as good as the Summilux f1.7😉

Wanted this for some time,  based on all the outputs I see which is much better than the Art Sigma that I sold IMO.  So splashed out in the US today!  

BBCA0C1E-3687-4513-8B4F-61FD7537C529.thumb.jpeg.015e18c770aa327ddb34da3580c68f8d.jpeg

it’s all about the colour...

Eatalia.jpg
  • Like 2

30906478407_13159359f1_b.jpg7RII by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Rick - I had the 7II which is its little brother. This is the full-fat 42MP A7RII which was recently updated to Mk3 - Mk2's have come down a lot in value as a result. I've quite fancied a full-on FF camera for a while now and whilst yes, the Sony's menus/UI is something only its mother would love (to quote Hugh Brownstone) that sensor is a wee bit good. This isn't to replace my Oly gear, although I'm slimming that down to stuff I actually use. Hoping to take the Sony out on some landscape photo shoots. For the price I got this used Mk2 for I cannot complain. The Samyang 35's a sweet little lens, weighs little more than the space it occupies and is nicely sharp too.

Ben - I've promised myself a Leica for years now, but when the time came I just couldn't go through with the purchase. Had a lovely black M240 lined up but weighing the cost (ie sitting down and having a chat with myself!) common sense kicked in. 

Just as well I'm happy with my hifi. :D

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Gromit said:

30906478407_13159359f1_b.jpg7RII by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

I thought you were due for another camera shortly Richard 😀

• Haha 2

It's been several weeks now, Les. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/11/2018 at 21:14, Sumdumgi said:

I thought you were due for another camera shortly Richard 😀

I’ve just put an order in for its near relative.  I also expect the Samyang 35mm. 

Edit;

Just picked up one of these for the new Sony;

Sony-fe-50mm-f1-8-hero2-945x709.jpg

Quite well reviewed.  I also have a few more serious lenses coming with it but I quite like the fact that this has only a relatively few elements (hopefully helping weight and dimensionality) and also, apparently, it focusses better than the early reviews which are mostly based on use with the original Sony A7 rather than the modern ones.  Importantly, it’s cheap - £144!

Edited by HectorHughMunro
  • Like 1

Visited Jessops today. Offered a decent deal with LCE but Jessops happy to give me 10% off and £135 cashback from Fuji plus an excellent trade deal for my XF14 (20% more than LCE :shock:) and walked away with a Fujinon XF 10-24mm f/4 OIS

Was happy enough with the XF 14mm but the extra flexibility was attractive.

10-24.jpg

• Like 1