Sign in to follow this  
SSM

Madonna : Confessions On A Dance Floor

big william orbit fan, so I liked ROL, which was basically just a William Orbit album with madge's vocals on.

never been a fan of madge at all. what I[ve heard on the radio (new single) doesn't make me want to rush out and buy it either.

solidstateman wrote:

:doh:

A maddy hater :Not Sure:

How could you comment onher latest album if you haven't heard it?You may not have liked herprevious works butthat is not a reason to dismissConfessions on A Dance Floor because Madonna, unlike most one-trick ponies (like Mariah & Celine), changessonic tack and music producers with every new album. This new Madonna dance album is quite different from True Blue(pop), Like a Prayer(rock), or Bedtime Stories(RnB).

I heard the single on Parky t'other day, plus another track and both were distinctly average... Nothing to interest me, musically (or otherwise)..

And she did look like an old hoor. Still, she's English Gentry nowadays to the extent she's even trying to stop ramblers going on her land, so who am I to comment.

Still, I haven't really liked anything she's ever done before - mebbe if I was an 8 year old girl I'd think differently ;-)

meninblack wrote:

I saw her perform the new single on TV recently - it was crap and she looked like a not-quite-retired hooker. :off:

You are describing my fantasy:rude:

You guys don't seem to be into this diva worship thing much r you :P

The music of:-

Sheryl Crow for the car

Madonna for the disco floor

kd lang for the seedy love motel mrsleaze.gif

George Michael for the mini bar

and Sade for the bedroom :shaggers:

... suggested uses for these divas' discs :cool:

Still loving every minute of it.:) Even inspired me to head to the discotheque last nite to see if the club would play something from it. It did! "Hung up"! It sounds bloody amazing through those subwoofers. I'm temporarily deaf!:oj:

Maybe its time to also look at Monitor Audio's Radius sub. :rockin:

I've liked a number of Madonna albums, the Greatest Hits is a fine recording with some very good music, Bedtime Stories has some lush arrangements and Ray Of Light is as good a piece of perfectly produced pop as you will get.

Confessions is ceratinly a big improvement on American Life which had few highspots for me. Confessions is growing on me massively and the production really swings the tunes along, there's some really good deep bass and the muti-tracking of Madges voice & instruments is done really well. It's a really well-produced glossy piece of classy dance/pop - excellent and a top album in it's genre.

Dont like Madonna at all. Her 80s stuff wasnt bad, but after that...

I would say 'True Blue' is the 80s Madonna album with which 'Confessions' has the most in common soundscape-wise, yet 'Confessions' also points to the future with its inclusion of snazzy electronica. Some of the tracks on it are also reminiscient of the 'Causin' a Commotion' single (off the Who's That Girl soundtrack), with their snappy PRAT and simple hooks.

Ears, you're right. Whether or not he likes Madonna's music every man has a personal favourite Madge pic.;) Here's mine.

:rude:http://nude-celebs.com.ru/m/madonna/mad56.jpeg

now why can't we see this on the roads often?

:rude:http://nude-celebs.com.ru/m/madonna/mad67.jpeg

whoah baby

:rude:http://nude-celebs.com.ru/m/madonna/mad36.jpeg

wish that was my end :green:

Some warm stuff to go with your cocoa tonite, gents.cafepc.gif

Super Wammer

Just having my first listen, excellent :dude:

Super Wammer

Now I have heard it at length I am not so sure, it gets very samey after a while.

It reminds me of Kylie's Fever CD, a safe cd with one track that stands out from the rest.

There's a nice up tempo beat to it but not one that I will rush back to listen to.

I must say I am disapointed, Madge should be setting the pace, I have always seen her as being inovative but this album is a backward step and could have been recorded by many other singers.