Sign in to follow this  
SSM

Madonna : Confessions On A Dance Floor

Recommended Posts

Glens of Antrim wrote:

What's the sound quality like Solid? I've memories of Into the Groove sounding fantastic - but that may just be rose tinted spectacles.

G.

This one has got lots and lots of layers on it. It will be a real test of a cdp's ability at spatial separation & detail retrieval. Nice deep tight bass too. Demonstration quality, although not as slick and polished as a George Michael release. GM seems to have cornered the market on the best sounding pop discs.:Not Sure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

solidstateman wrote:

Glens of Antrim wrote:
What's the sound quality like Solid? I've memories of Into the Groove sounding fantastic - but that may just be rose tinted spectacles.

G.

This one has got lots and lots of layers on it. It will be a real test of a cdp's ability at spatial separation & detail retrieval. Nice deep tight bass too. Demonstration quality, although not as slick and polished as a George Michael release. GM seems to have cornered the market on the best sounding pop discs.:Not Sure:

Bought Romney Getty - fill in your grey last week & it's the best recorded pop cd I've heard in ages. It's mainly electric blues - sparse recording with a good sense ofreal musiciansplaying in a space & the lady can sing. Recommended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glens of Antrim wrote:

Bought Romney Getty - fill in your grey last week & it's the best recorded pop cd I've heard in ages. It's mainly electric blues - sparse recording with a good sense ofreal musiciansplaying in a space & the lady can sing. Recommended.

Are you sure you aren't transferring your Elizabethan Music fancies to your choice of pop too? Based on the acoustical layout of the above disc, it seems similar in context to your antique classical tastes.;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

solidstateman wrote:

Glens of Antrim wrote:
Bought Romney Getty - fill in your grey last week & it's the best recorded pop cd I've heard in ages. It's mainly electric blues - sparse recording with a good sense ofreal musiciansplaying in a space & the lady can sing. Recommended.

Are you sure you aren't transferring your Elizabethan Music fancies to your choice of pop too? Based on the acoustical layout of the above disc, it seems similar in context to your antique classical tastes.;)

You know me too well ;)

Anybody for John Dowland :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, I've 'taken a punt' as they say :)

£8.49 delivered at 101cd.com ;)

I'll let ya know my verdict when it arrives :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

solidstateman wrote:

Yes, yes and yes! It'll blow the crap from your PRAT!:)

Couple of madges albunums sound great with a bit of Prat. One of the chaps at work (who is Gay BTW SSM:pride:) brought the new album in and it's quite good I must say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picard wrote:

best gay dance record of the year. fab.

spigay.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest earl of sodbury

If there's one good (non-technical) argument for accepting DAB it's "Gaydar Radio" (http://www.gaydarradio.com/), all you maddie fans have got it made...

mwah*eofs*mwah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

technobear wrote:

Picard wrote:
best gay dance record of the year. fab.

spigay.gif

a new avatar for someone i think? but who could that be now ,lets think on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm afraid I wouldn't touch her with yours and [trinny and Susannah mode] what has she done with her hair? And that dreadful top? And she needs to put some weight on - she wouodn't have looked out of place in Biafra in 1970[/trinny and Susannah mode].

And as for sound quality - isn't it irrelevant if the music is shite?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leonard Smalls wrote:

I'm afraid I wouldn't touch her with yours and [trinny and Susannah mode] what has she done with her hair? And that dreadful top? And she needs to put some weight on - she wouodn't have looked out of place in Biafra in 1970[/trinny and Susannah mode].

And as for sound quality - isn't it irrelevant if the music is shite?

:doh:

A maddy hater :Not Sure:

How could you comment onher latest album if you haven't heard it?You may not have liked herprevious works butthat is not a reason to dismissConfessions on A Dance Floor because Madonna, unlike most one-trick ponies (like Mariah & Celine), changessonic tack and music producers with every new album. This new Madonna dance album is quite different from True Blue(pop), Like a Prayer(rock), or Bedtime Stories(RnB).

You should listen to the entire album before offering your (invalid) comments.

:note:"You're not half the man you think you are :puke:

Save your words because you've gone too far :grrr:

I've listened to your lies and all your stories :nup:

You're not half the man you'd like to be :rofl:

:note:"I don't wanna hear icon_mad.gif, I don't wanna know icon_cry.gif

Please don't say you're sorry :Upset:

I've heard it all before :yeah:

And I can take care of myself icon_evil.gif

I don't wanna hear icon_sad.gif, I don't wanna know snob.gif

:note:"Please don't say 'forgive me' :clout:

I've heard it all before :roll:

And I can't take it anymore suicide1.gif

:note:"I've heard it all before geekdance.gif

I've heard it all before poof.gif

I've heard it all before whistling1.gif

I've heard it all before"jiggy.gif:note:

"Sorry", best track on Confessions on ADance Floor :pride:

jiggy.gifjiggy.gifjiggy.gifjiggy.gifjiggy.gif

:peace:

rainbow.gifSSrainbow.gif

ps: like her new flamin' hair, very cool tart.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer

rudolph hucker wrote:

technobear wrote:
Picard wrote:
best gay dance record of the year. fab.

spigay.gif

a new avatar for someone i think? but who could that be now ,lets think on it.

I could mention a few :gag:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator

Solid, you never cease to surprise. Just when I thought your musical tastes had plumbed the absolute depths, you reveal yourself as a Madonna fan!

I saw her perform the new single on TV recently - it was crap and she looked like a not-quite-retired hooker. :off:

Mind you, those lyrics you've kindly reproduced for us make old Dickie's pompous and overblown efforts appear almost deep and meaningful. But not quite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.