mr marcus

is there actually anything worth watching on tv at the moment?

Super Wammer

The last 2 episodes of Top Gear have seen a return to form.:minikev:

best thing i have seen recently was the series about brain surgery, superb stuff.

Only thing is i think i have a tumour now. Im to ill to be a hypocondriac

You seen The Wire yet?

oh yes.....a few times from start to finish....fantastic series......

i was one of those wire snobs who watched it before it got popular ;-)

must admit i nearly did'nt bother with the second episode

- - - Updated - - -

just watched the first top gear africa episode....has the second one been on yet?

- - - Updated - - -

You seen The Wire yet?

oh yes...quiet a few times...from start to finish...great series

Romanzo Criminale on Sky Arts HD is the best thing I have seen on telly since Twin Peaks. Its halfway through the second series at the moment. But I would seriously recommend getting the bluray box set of both series and catching up - theres about 12 1 hour episodes each series - its a seriously, seriously brilliant drama about a gang in 70;s Rome establishing themselves as the local kings. They take on anyone, Mafia, Camorra you name it.

Dont be put off by the subtitles though - I first thought it would be painful - but you dont even notice.

yeah i was watching these when i had sky....got about 3/4 way through series 2 ....then missed the last few episodes.

No. Apart from ancient appreciated-show repeats.

Gardener's World recommences tonight.

Actually, apart from the above, the Sunday night BBC show at 20.00 about Midwives is genuinely excellent.

The Planners on BBC2 is a fun examination of NIMBYISM and the feral hatred it can engender.

Louie CK on Fox is as innovative as Curb at it's best.

Charlie Brooker of course.

Sky Arts is always worth checking, just watch out for Katherine Jenkins or Pink Floyd or ELP coming round the corner spoiling your day.

used to be a regular on sky arts......some of the music stuff was great.....have'nt got sky anymore though

Spiral, BBC4 Sat 9pm.

We've been enjoying Spiral & I've also been trying to work out if I like Audrey Fleurot. Ginger with beaucoup de freckles:dunno: but what appear to be impressive hidden charms.:bouncey:

well looking forward to bbc 4's oil city confidential doc on friday....have seen it before but well worth seeing again

Sky worthwhile for Simpsons/Discworld films/4 gits in Spain-Eva Cassidy show coming-Friday 22.00 Sky Arts.

'Call The Midwife' BBC1 super show finished series 2 last Sun - more series to ensue.

One recorded 3 'manual' things of 'Red Nose' over BBC1 twice/BBC2 lat night c. 1900-13.30 this morning.

I have been buying/retaining all Red Nose stuff since 1988 at least, but hate the vile Friday transmissions every 2 years on BBC.

The beauty of the HD digital recorder is that I could very quickly this morning forward at 32 times speed to enjoy Ricky Gervais (David Brent) + his-other chap's video/Midwives etc/Mrs Brown several bits/Vicar Of Dibley.

I am sure all of it is on iPlayer, some of it on YouTube.

just got hold of episode 1 of 'Vegas'.....going to give that a try

.......'hell on wheels' quiet good as well.........a railroad version of deadwood....but without the all the ''****sucker!''

Foyles War