mr marcus

is there actually anything worth watching on tv at the moment?

hi all,

have'nt seen anything to grab my tv attention for ages now.....watching the new walking dead and southland.......thats about it

the only thing i've watched lately is the penguin thing on bbc hd....which was great to watch with my daughter

everything at the moment seems pants?

likes are in the vein of 'the sopranos' (who does'nt like it) 'deadwood'...the sheild etc etc...more recently....'hell on wheels' ...'southland'..game of thrones (suprisingly...not normally my thing)..........well you get the idea..

any reccomendations?

cheers

Super Mod

I would add Ripper Street which was on BBC1, but unfortunately I can't find it on the iplayer at the moment. New series to come.

Spiral, BBC4 Sat 9pm.

In fact the BBC4 sat 9pm slot is always good!

Parks & recreation is coming soon too.*

* Correction, it started last night!

thanks....i'll have to see what thats all about

bbc 4 is always good for the odd gem....especially music/docs

......wast'nt leiberhammer ...or whatever it was called on there?......quiet liked that as well...strange idea though!

- - - Updated - - -

I would add Ripper Street which was on BBC1, but unfortunately I can't find it on the iplayer at the moment. New series to come.

yeah not watched any of those...thought it might be a bit style over substance

I didn't think I'd still be watching Being Human when it was announced the original cast members were leaving, but I am - It has some great dark humour. After the shock of total cast replacement settled it's as good as ever.

Agree with jkbmusic about Ripper Street, although IMHO Matthew Macfadyen (Det. Insp. Edmund Reid) is weak. However, other cast members more than make up for it, including Jerome Flynn (who I was ready to hate for the whole Robson and Jerome thing).

Also currently watching Game Of Thrones Series 2 on Sky - highly recommended. Sex, war, more sex, even more war, and dwarves.

Super Mod

......wast'nt leiberhammer ...or whatever it was called on there?......quiet liked that as well...

Is he the next big Cheese of the acting world.

:minikev:

I agree with game of thrones, its out on DVD now, and as I don't have Sky, I'm thinking of getting it on Bluray :dunno:.

Super Mod

Watch out for The Americans, coming to ITV some time this year. Also Banshee, but that is only going to be on Sky.

Super Mod

Anyone seen The Boss staring Kelsey Grammer?. Coming soon to More 4.:?

hi all,

have'nt seen anything to grab my tv attention for ages now.....watching the new walking dead and southland.......thats about it

the only thing i've watched lately is the penguin thing on bbc hd....which was great to watch with my daughter

everything at the moment seems pants?

likes are in the vein of 'the sopranos' (who does'nt like it) 'deadwood'...the sheild etc etc...more recently....'hell on wheels' ...'southland'..game of thrones (suprisingly...not normally my thing)..........well you get the idea..

any reccomendations?

cheers

You seen The Wire yet?

Super Mod
You seen The Wire yet?

:^ Good shout, also The Bridge.

Romanzo Criminale on Sky Arts HD is the best thing I have seen on telly since Twin Peaks. Its halfway through the second series at the moment. But I would seriously recommend getting the bluray box set of both series and catching up - theres about 12 1 hour episodes each series - its a seriously, seriously brilliant drama about a gang in 70;s Rome establishing themselves as the local kings. They take on anyone, Mafia, Camorra you name it.

Dont be put off by the subtitles though - I first thought it would be painful - but you dont even notice.

Super Wammer

2nd Spiral and add Criminal Intent Season 9 on 5

Spiral, BBC4 Sat 9pm.

In fact the BBC4 sat 9pm slot is always good!

Parks & recreation is coming soon too.*

* Correction, it started last night!

Super Wammer

hollyoaks all the bum burglers you will ever need. :)