sunbeamgls

Which Music Did You Hear At Scalford That You're Now Going To Buy?

Super Wammer

Which music did you hear at Scalford that you hadn't heard before, but are now going to purchase?

I've orderd Flared Up by Port-Royal.

Already ordered Eagles- Long Road out of Eden (Amazon have the CD for £0.43 + postage!) and Cara Dillon.

I will leave If Grief could Wait until I feel more suicidal.

S.

James Carr - Dark End of the Street :^

Cheers Dean, it's already ordered on vinyl

• Upvote 1

James Blake - Limit to your love:) Just kidding I will play it from Spotify as its only the bass I'm interested in.

The Feist version is to my ears nicer.

Diana Krall - A Case of You (Joni Mitchell cover) from Live in Paris CD - on order.

Many thanks to whoever it was that asked me to play it.

Ane Brun - Live in Stockholm.

Of all the music that folk brought in and asked me to play, this was the one which 'got me' above the rest. We played one track - Sleeping by the Fyris River - to a very full room, at the end of which you could have heard a pin drop. There was utter silence for several seconds, such was the atmosphere that had been created by such beautiful music.

Got home, ordered the CD. :)

I have soundhound on my phone and used it to record numerous samples which, although I couldn't get it to name them at the show because of the crap data connection, I was able to do so when I got home to my WiFi.

CarlBKK introduced me to some fab electronica such as deadmau5 and london grammar - thank you sir! I'd have loved to have heard some other styles of music on those mad looking Ushers, but for what he was playing the system was fabulous.

I think it was Pluto in the Fernie room who was played "Tijuana" from the Harry Manx album "Isle of Manx". Great stuff.

No idea where I heard it but someone introduced me to Nickel Creek, which sits somewhere between bluegrass and celtic folk.

Finally, Eddi Reader's "Honeychild" was being used for DAC comparisons in one room, and I've been ploughing through back catalogue on Spotify since.

Harry Manx - Road Ragas for me, some one played it in Hoopsontoast's room. I'd heard some previously on NPR and had completely forgot who it was. Superb stuff.

Super Wammer
Harry Manx - Road Ragas for me, some one played it in Hoopsontoast's room. I'd heard some previously on NPR and had completely forgot who it was. Superb stuff.

Not one of mine..... :nerves:

Shopping Basket

61mOOn2Z5kL._SL500_SS100_.jpg

Amok Dble Std LP with CD- Atoms For Peace; Vinyl

£18.00

51ZGHuEKXVL._SL500_SS100_.jpg

The Trinity Session- Cowboy Junkies; Audio CD

£0.72

51lDPjDjqQL._SL500_SS100_.jpg

The Complete Goldwax Records Singles- James Carr; Audio CD

£10.72

61zSjTqPQOL._SL500_SS100_.jpg

Everybody's Talkin'- Tedeschi Trucks Band; Audio CD

£15.14

Starker and Sebok's version of Brahms's E Minor Cello Sonata, heard on the Snell A's. Just ordered from Acoustic Sounds.

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/32073/Janos_Starker_and_Gyorgy_Sebok-Brahms_Sonatas_For_Cello__Piano-180_Gram_Vinyl_Record

Super Wammer
Diana Krall - A Case of You (Joni Mitchell cover) from Live in Paris CD - on order.

Many thanks to whoever it was that asked me to play it.

You might like to try Ian Shaw's version too on the album Drawn To All Things - available on Linn records as CD or as 24 bit download.

- - - Updated - - -

Ane Brun - Live in Stockholm.

Of all the music that folk brought in and asked me to play, this was the one which 'got me' above the rest. We played one track - Sleeping by the Fyris River - to a very full room, at the end of which you could have heard a pin drop. There was utter silence for several seconds, such was the atmosphere that had been created by such beautiful music.

Got home, ordered the CD. :)

We played "Worship" from her album "It All Starts With One" which also went down very well, as it did last year when we were touring the rooms with the CD!

Which music did you hear at Scalford that you hadn't heard before, but are now going to purchase?

I've orderd Flared Up by Port-Royal.

I only really love track 2 which is the one that got played (well once I'd realised it wasn't track 1:oops:)

Supermeng is going to get some investigation from me... and was intrigued by a Young Marble Giants track that got played in my room