Paul55

Clearing the room...

Robert Johnson, "Sweet Home Chicago".

Ornette Coleman et al, "Blues Connotation".

Gilbert and Sullivan, "When I was a lad I served a term..." from HMS Pinafore.

Shakira, "Te Aviso, Te Anuncio".

Abba, "The Winner Takes It All".

Andy Williams, "Can't Take My Eyes Off You".

Barry White , "You're The First, The Last, My Everything".

Wagner, A Well Known Bit From Goetterdaemmerung Without Any Shrieking.

Nobody blinked, not a motion towards the exit.

Annie Lennox, "Why".

Whoosh, emptied in seconds. Useful to know for the future....

Paul

Annie Lennox, "Why".

Whoosh, emptied in seconds. Useful to know for the future....

Paul

Thanks for the excellent tip.

Exhibiting on my own with a double bed stacked upright on the toilet meant there were times when I'd like to have cleared the room so I could get out to go for a pee. :)

Probably most of my collection could clear a room.

If I ever come to Scalford, I'll play the old Doctor Who theme on a loop. How about that ?

Just dont come in dressed as a Dalek. :sofa:

Enescu - Romanian Rhapsody No.1 gradually cleared out half a dozen in less than a minute. The ones who stayed - and new ones who came in - had a real treat once it got going. John (themadlatvian) gave a knowing glance as they left! :D

No chance of that. I'm quite averse to anything Dalek after my last experience.

[video=youtube;wjU1B_nYtcI]

I watched that peering round the living room door (so I could be free to run upstairs):nerves:

Enescu - Romanian Rhapsody No.1 gradually cleared out half a dozen in less than a minute. The ones who stayed - and new ones who came in - had a real treat once it got going. John (themadlatvian) gave a knowing glance as they left! :D

I thought you asked for that to be put that on so that you could clear the room and get a better seat:P.

Well I cleared most of Testy and MIB room with Port Royal... and almost got myself ejected for a cover of 'I will survive' in hindi

Then testy returned the favour with Supermeng in my room... but thats was ok as my brother had been baby sitting my room with his 'normal' music and it was too crowded!:zip:

Sonic Youth (100% - just about the most accessible thing they ever did) emptied ours, as did the first three minutes of Spiderland. I didn't even bother trying Melt-Banana or Melodie du Kronk.

The dobro playing virtuouso cleared a chaps room like a well rehearsed fire drill. "um not many dobro fans then, better put something else on"

King Tubby 'The Roots of Dub' emptied my room in a flash. I was a little surprised, I have to say!

Dont you worry, there was quite a few occasions visitors had a glazed look on their faces and then left quickly, what was nice was there was about 150 people visited my room and many of them kept coming back, so we where just about packed of all day. Which was quite an achievement as most people only want to hear kit they can then buy if they like it, any one would have a real job to even make what I used as the parts used in some cases are very rare. And the % of diyers is not great.

Suns of Arqa doing Leonard Cohen; all the twiddly diddly jazz lovers left en masse. Sorry steve57! The total age in the room dropped from about 700 (11 men + one 16 year old girl), down to about 130; and I was half of that. :cs:

Mid afternoon in the horn room speedysteve put on Toccata and Fugue. Half way through it a little girl walked in, stood in the doorway open mouthed for a moment then balled her fist in her mouth, looked completely overwhelmed and backed out! I hope it was the scale of the music that scared her and not the smelly, hungover, crew sitting about with shit- eating grins on their faces!