Polarbear

Well done guys

Super Wammer

Back from the show, yet another real sucess.

I would like to say thank you to all those that made it such an enjoyable day. We enjoyed all the rooms we went into and enjoyed chatting to so many people. Not going to single anyone out as that would be unfair as everyone put a huge amount of effort in to make it such a sucess,

Regards

PB

I can second that, the great thing about this show is you get to hear and see such a variety of systems, old and new, budget to very high end. I always get home though and realise I missed half of it :doh:

Well done to all the exhibitors and all involved in organising the show.

without offence paul , would have guessed , anyone googling the show , would be directed to the "show threads" but as everyone knows i am easy :oops:

without offence paul , would have guessed , anyone googling the show , would be directed to the "show threads" but as everyone knows i am easy :oops:

I agree Tam - I'll paste my post in the 2 channel thread here.

PS. yes you are easy.:P

- - - Updated - - -

Another great show - well done and many thanks to all.

Highliight for me were the Event Opals in Steve RB / Rabski's room - these active studio monitors have had plenty of hype on here but driven direct (I think) by a Resolution Audio Opus CD player, even in a big room and out in plenty of free space, they were simply superb and for the money absurdly good.:^

Other highlights included the DIY Tannoy Westminsters - unbelievable quality of work from Simon.:notworthy:

All the Snell speaker systems sound really good in the smaller hotel rooms (SCIDB and Take5).

Mark (Browellm), Phil (Papa Lazarou) and Jim (JVS) all had wonderful sounds, and some drool worthy kit as usual.:^

The cheap active speakers that Sodders (Purite North) is selling also sounded very good at under £500 a pair.

in hosp awaiting results :nerves: scally results are more important :P , hurry up guys , sleep is optional :grrr:

I agree Tam - I'll paste my post in the 2 channel thread here.

PS. yes you are easy.:P

- - - Updated - - -

Another great show - well done and many thanks to all.

Highliight for me were the Event Opals in Steve RB / Rabski's room - these active studio monitors have had plenty of hype on here but driven direct by a Resolution Audio Opus CD player, even in a big room out in plenty of space they were simply superb and for the money absurdly good.:^

Other highlights included the DIY Tannoy Westminsters - unbelievable quality of work from Simon.:notworthy:

All the Snell speakers systems sound really good in the smaller hotel rooms (SCIDB and Take5).

Mark (Browellm), Phil (Papa Lazarou) and Jim (JVS) all had wonderful sounds, and some drool worthy kit as usual.:^

The cheap active speakers that Sodders (Purite North) is selling also sounded very good at under £500 a pair.

A really enjoyable day. Thanks to everyone for putting on such a unique event.

As for the highlights, I'm with Paul in that I really enjoyed Browellm and Papa Lazaru and agree that all the Snells were impressive, Take 5's were partnered by an excellent Orbe/SME 1V/ Ortifon Cadenza Black combo which I somehow managed to just miss out on last year. I thought that it sounded really tight and well set up - so it's a good job that it didn't go to me then!

Great day again everyone. For me the smaller speakers in smaller rooms were the most successful today - Mibby's, RMSShipBrokers (Steve) , Brians (Take 5) and Colin (DuddyWoxer) especially. Of the big kit, Simon's Westminsters are incredible, very imposing - no idea they were that damn big! and the monster horn system may have looked vicious but sounded very restrained and composed.

For me the smaller speakers in smaller rooms were the most successful today

+1.

Special mention for the KEF Ls50s and those amazing little Q Acoustics.

Again I was humbled by the huge efforts people had been to in hauling their precious gear across the Country.....dismantling it, loading it, setting it up, dismantling, back home, unloading, setting it it back up ! Thanks everyone, a wonderful day as always.

Watch this space (classifieds anyway) for a 'Wanted, KEF LS50' ! My word I liked them. Also agreed, the Purite North stuff was stunning, especially at the price tags.

We all had our favourites of course, but once more a hearty cheers to all for efforts made.

There is already a thread titled 'Thanks to everyone' about the show in 2 channel

I am the guilty party. I apologise unreservedly.

(It was the beer what done it.)

scalford had enough beer , result :nuts:

I am the guilty party. I apologise unreservedly.

(It was the beer what done it.)

very impressive show, I was completely taken by the living voice speakers in the Belvoir room, me and the mrs both agreed we could have sat and listened to them all day....amazing

also mightily impressed by the Snell A's sounded like whoever was playing were in the room with you....

Fun day, talking to a few peeps and putting some faces to names. Well done guys. Great job.

scalford had enough beer , result :nuts:

But only just mind, Wee Tam, barman told me we'd put in a good shift emptying the barrels :^

As a half-observer 'a good time was had by all' :D

PS: My best wishes for the results, fingers crossed