Sign in to follow this  
Jazid

Valve Testing for Wammers at Scalford

Hi all,

I will bring along my trusty AVO to test valves for wammers for free for an hour or so on Saturday night in whatever room I am given, and for an hour or so on Sunday if anyone wants a babysitter with a tube tester for a while. If so please let me know?

It isn't calibrated but is pretty accurate against my Amplitrex tested tubes. It won't take 509 types, or measure 300b (at least not properly and not in the time available), but almost all the usual suspects of signal tubes, telly and radio tubes, and KT/EL/early 4 pin triodes should fit. Please don't bring a great feckin bag full and expect me to test them all, this is for as many Wammers as would like to take advantage :)

I'll be up at Scalford around 8-8.30 this evening I'd guess.

See you all there, Happy Trails!

• Upvote 1

A big thanks to James for testing one of the EL84s from my Oto.

I noticed on setting my system up on the Saturday evening that it was glowing blue, apparently they are not supposed to do that. :roll:

So was a bit panicked as I hadn't brought any spares. :doh:

Luckily it measured fine so I felt confident in putting it back in and proceeding to thrash the living daylights out of the amp, as those listening to Nine Inch Nails would testify. :^

Sorry for taking you away from listening to the group.

Your kindness in helping is much appreciated.

Oh and the valve tester is a magnificent piece of kit, real mad scientist stylee, loved it.

Cheers

Stee

A pleasure to meet you, and glad I could help Steve; I'll try to do the same next year and give more advance notice so others can take advantage :)

Sorry I couldn't spend a little more time listening to your setup, it was doing the biz when I dropped in!

A pleasure to meet you, and glad I could help Steve; I'll try to do the same next year and give more advance notice so others can take advantage :)

Sorry I couldn't spend a little more time listening to your setup, it was doing the biz when I dropped in!

Thanks for the PM with the info on the figures and the nuclear bomb proof Russian valves, now bought.

I've swapped the valves round and the blue one stayed blue so hopefully the rest of the amp is ok.

Cheers

Steve

P.S. Posting here as your in box is full. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent service. Glad you managed to find a room for your tester. :^

+1